Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Radio Will Not Work On ACC Or RUN

JohnWedell

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 ram 3500 Dooley With an 8.4 Radio. I’ve been having a problem with it. the radio will not run on accessory or run (get code error).The only way I can get it to work is with the truck running. They replace the radio and still doesn’t work. The dealer can’t figure it out. Anyone have that problem or any idea what could cause it.

Last edited:

sstoner911

Reaction score
So its just a black screen on CC or Run? Try hitting the Home button.

sstoner911

Reaction score

JimKIII

Reaction score
I'm getting the same error when I try to listen to my radio with the truck in ACC mode - not running.

Attachments

• Code Error - Please restart system.png
    Code Error - Please restart system.png
    919.5 KB · Views: 12

sstoner911

Reaction score
I'm getting the same error when I try to listen to my radio with the truck in ACC mode - not running.

Never seen that one - I wonder if some of these issues are 8.4 and or 12" screen specific.

rickrfa

Reaction score
Just got the rear view camera recall software update (for 8.4 uconnect), also seems to have fixed the error message when using ACC mode, my system works normally now, do not get the "code error, please restart system" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread