Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.7 Tuning without delete?

trevor1030

Reaction score
Hi all i placed an order for a 2021 Ram Limited 2500 6.7, i am super excited to get it! It will be my first diesel truck, i come from the car scene. Anyways i was looking at engine mods and i know that the 68rfe can only handle so much, i was wondering if its possible to tune a ram 2500 without doing a delete and gain some power? My main reason would be since its will become a daily driver i do not want it to be loud with a delete. But my plans powerwise was to gear near the HO 6.7 cummins as far as power. Is this possible or a waste?

Thanks in advance and sorry if newbie questions.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Hi all i placed an order for a 2021 Ram Limited 2500 6.7, i am super excited to get it! It will be my first diesel truck, i come from the car scene. Anyways i was looking at engine mods and i know that the 68rfe can only handle so much, i was wondering if its possible to tune a ram 2500 without doing a delete and gain some power? My main reason would be since its will become a daily driver i do not want it to be loud with a delete. But my plans powerwise was to gear near the HO 6.7 cummins as far as power. Is this possible or a waste?

Thanks in advance and sorry if newbie questions.
Definitely doable. Your truck, your money, your choice. Tons of aftermarket bulletproof mods for the rfe. Power is money.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
This thread has some discussion about emissions on tuning

loansinpa

Reaction score
As you are looking at tunes...you may see Optimal Welding as being a great tune. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't...I got it only to learn (per Optimal Welding) it's only beneficial if you also remove/replace the exhaust. That wasn't part of my plan and doesn't seem to be disclosed anywhere...and even though their order form asked for existing mods for which I only listed cold air intake...they made no mention of it but were happy to take my money.

Nick

Reaction score
Why don"t you drive it first and see if it has enough juice for you before you spend your money on tuners that may void your warranty on a $ 25,000 engine . Or you can wait till Banks or others come out with a tuner that is compliant .

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don"t you drive it first and see if it has enough juice for you before you spend your money on tuners that may void your warranty on a $ 25,000 engine . Or you can wait till Banks or others come out with a tuner that is compliant .

Agree.

As a daily driver, without a load, I doubt you'll feel a power difference between the two trucks save for the trans shifting.

IOW, the HO, and I think also the Aisin, shines when you put a load behind it.

MrANDR3W

Reaction score
I'd say I agree as well as far as power difference... I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie and I only added the throttle booster from BD Power. Aside from maybe a cold air intake, that's all I need to be the quickest/fastest on the road. At least the way I drive in DFW haha

MrANDR3W

Reaction score
Speaking of that - anyone have a suggestion for intake???

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say I agree as well as far as power difference... I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie and I only added the throttle booster from BD Power. Aside from maybe a cold air intake, that's all I need to be the quickest/fastest on the road. At least the way I drive in DFW haha

Speaking of that - anyone have a suggestion for intake???

Save your money. Snake oil. The stock airbox flows more air than you'll ever need and the factory filter will provide best performance and protection.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
deleting will give you additional hp to the wheels. tuning the rfe will get it to the ground better

Users who are viewing this thread