Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.7 Cummings warm up! Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul loud trucks

Current fastest ban record holder
Reaction score
My neighbor has a 2019 6.7 dodge Cummings truck. Best looking truck I have ever seen. Normal weather the truck doesnt seem to be very loud.The problem is when it gets below 40 degrees it will rattle the walls and wake me up at 530. It sounds like a high idle mode for 5 mins and the the beast calms. I'm on the 3rd winter living with this! My questions are, does high idle mode happen automatically below 40 degrees? If you plug the block heater in will it stay out of high idle warm up? Please help

Paul loud trucks

Current fastest ban record holder
Reaction score
Using vulgar slang (smd) to insult other members won't be tolerated from any member, new or old.
You must love Brandon. I can only hope someone wakes you up 2 hours before you go to work. Thanks for your reply smd

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Block heater won't help. Might just cut down in length of time it high idles. High idle is automatic and manually done.

Possible it's straight piped or deleted.

It seems like more work to come here than just go talk to your neighbor. Maybe he puts a muffler on. Or parks somewhere else. Maybe he tells you to kick rocks. Either way it's his right. We aren't talking about anything ridiculous here. Imo.

Everyone in my house slept right through my straight piped Cummins and Ford. In the driveway.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
block heater would definitely help. getting fluids up close to temp early will quell some of the roaring on cold start.

2001WS6

Reaction score
I'd ask him to sell his truck and get a Prius instead.

No insult to Prius owners :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread