Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th wheel hitch with lomax tri-fold tonneau cover

downsc123

Reaction score
Anyone have a lomax tri-fold tonneau cover with a 5th wheel hitch in the bed. My 2 questions are 1) with it folded up (two panels stacked on the forward most position, can you still use the hitch and 2) can you see the hitch with the cover in that position with either the cargo camera or looking out the back window. Don't want to order that cover and then have to fully remove it each time I tow. Thanks

Sponge60

Reaction score
Having had both a tri-fold and a roll up, I highly prefer the roll up for towing my fifth wheel.

I Love Grits

Reaction score
Anyone have a lomax tri-fold tonneau cover with a 5th wheel hitch in the bed. My 2 questions are 1) with it folded up (two panels stacked on the forward most position, can you still use the hitch and 2) can you see the hitch with the cover in that position with either the cargo camera or looking out the back window. Don't want to order that cover and then have to fully remove it each time I tow. Thanks

I had a Lomax on a 1500 and really liked it, ordered one for the 2500 and am sending it back.

The rail comes in two pieces for some reason so there’s a bit of play right in the middle. Also I couldn’t get the cover to sit low enough to not interfere with ram boxes. Had good vendor support and they relayed issues to agricover which all they did is send out thicker seals. Cover sat a good 1” above the side of bed so not exactly flush like it was on the 1500.

Might be a different story if you don’t have ramboxes, but I can’t recommend the Lomax for a 2500 with rambox.

Limey

Reaction score
You have the newest version that flips up like the mx4 from bakflip. If you leave it folded but down (front one third of the bed covered) can you see the top of the hitch?
I don't have one - pulled that pic of the web for you. :)

Icky

Reaction score
Cant help you with the lomax, but here's my 13 megacab with the bakflip mx-4, I towed with the first flap down. I just put the same cover on my 22 megacab last night and the cargo camera is partially blocked when the cover is in the upright position.
20210109_152321.jpg

Icky

Reaction score
Cant help you with the lomax, but here's my 13 megacab with the bakflip mx-4, I towed with the first flap down. I just put the same cover on my 22 megacab last night and the cargo camera is partially blocked when the cover is in the upright position.
View attachment 41059
Quoting my own post now that I've towed with this on the new truck. It still clears and works with the flap down, but the camera is out of focus whether it's fully stood up or the first panel is down. It's a little blurry, like it's focusing on the cover. Not sure if it's just me or the camera has an auto focus.

Users who are viewing this thread