Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5TH wheel hitch 2021 2500 Long Bed

dirtman5

Reaction score
New to the forum, Need help deciding what 5TH wheel hitch for long bed puck system. On the Curt what is the difference between the A & the Q series, are there any problems with that brand hooking and unhooking or ride. What other brands available for this puck system.
Thanks for any help

randye

Reaction score
As far as your question about the difference between the Curt A&Q series hitches. The A series of Curt 5th wheel hitches is the newest version and is replacing the Q series. The A series jaws overlap whereas the Q series butt up against each other more than overlap. And the bearing and shaft that the head pivots on is different between them. They look very similar and the specs and design are identical, but you can think of the A series as the new and improved version of the Q series.

sfort

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack, but I wanted to mention another option. I just took delivery of my 3500 long bed with the puck system. I went with a Reese Goosebox on my 5th wheel. I only have the gooseneck ball in the bed and can actually use my bed with the camper hooked up. Also, I don't have to remove the 5th wheel hitch between trips, just a ball. Again, sorry to hijack, but I wish someone had told me about the Goosebox sooner.

cmr287

Reaction score
Check out Reese.

Extremely easy to instal without kill’n yourself.

Will handle weights of and between 20k to 32k

Will handle weights of and between 15k to 18k

Sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread