Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th wheel adapter?

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
Palmer, Alaska. Formerly Prescott, Arizona.
Just picked up a 5th wheel camper. It came with a 5th wheel plate. Is there an adapter piece to bolt any 5th wheel plate to the tow prep package? After the summer is over the camper is coming off the trailer and onto my 40' goosneck so I can haul my off road toys. So I would rather not spend a ton of money on something I'll only use a handful of times.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

jak

Reaction score
Avoid the REESE i have it and its a POS
Are you talking about the adapter or the hitch itself? I am going to need and adapter for my sliding PullRite and was considering the Reese because it was 1 piece. Any other recommendations?

ColderWeather86

Reaction score
Palmer, Alaska. Formerly Prescott, Arizona.
Not sure I fully understand what you've got.

Several brands of 5th wheel to puck system adapters available, Curt, Demco, Reese, they're not cheap.

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/16042

RE: crawler hauler. There's a guy on the Built not Bought FB page that put his Grand Design Solitude on a monster gooseneck hauler.
Oof. Yeah they are not cheap. But that's exactly what I am referring to.

Hitch brand is Hijacker.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the adapter or the hitch itself? I am going to need and adapter for my sliding PullRite and was considering the Reese because it was 1 piece. Any other recommendations?

I've always been impressed with the build quality of most of the Curt gear. I have an A-25 hitch and it's awesome.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The adapter. Mine had 2 of the T bolts had to be ground down as they were 1/4” to wide for the slot in the pucks on the truck and i had to open the slots for the hitch up 1/8 as my none of my 5th wheel hitches would not fit into the adapter one of which is a reese hitch.

Reactions: jak

Ramsomair

Reaction score
Demco puck system

Attachments

• 598C4C98-E2DB-4E22-9FA0-3E0F081E5B31.jpeg
    598C4C98-E2DB-4E22-9FA0-3E0F081E5B31.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread