Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50 gal fuel tank

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Had anybody had any luck getting this as advertised on the 2020 3500 crew long bed. I added mine to the build for the 295. I did ask on the ram chat about it but they are saying it's an option not a standard, if you all are like me, ive seen it plenty of times advertised as a standard on that model. Let me know how this worked out for you. Im probably just going to leave it on my build an then try to prove my case to dealer at last second to take the 295 off of msrp.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I have seen a bunch of ads stating it was standard as well, but it did not work out that way for me either. It was an option. I ordered my truck about 3 months ago the truck arrived damaged, so I refused to take it, Long Story.

I wish you luck.

Here is a copy of it's window sticker:

Attachments

• 20200210_151115.jpg
    20200210_151115.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

TheRAMadaINN

Reaction score
I ordered mine with it. So glad I waited for it to be available. It was an option, I read it would be standard also. I don't know anybody who got it as standard equipment.

2-25-2020 1-31-35 PM.jpg

MikeXM

Reaction score
I've read it was standard when they announced the 2020. That's what the media outlets reported.
But I have not seen it as being "standard" on the RAM website. Specs page actually shows 32gal for the 8ft box. And as soon as the 2020 web builder was turned on, it was an option.
So my guess is someone from the communication department at FCA screwed up on that one. It was never meant to be standard.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I agree someone has screwed up, an i hope T has been able to get a vehicle that's perfect. I would of done the same thing, if it's not perfect, it's not going with me. I was just curious if anyone was fortune enough to get this 50 gal tank with out charge an how they did it.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I wonder if this would fit on the Megacab hmmm if so I’d order it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
they say that it has to be cc with 8ft bed to fit, so there must be something different underneath orrrrrrrrrrrrr it's just a gimmick

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I’m sure it “could” fit but I wouldn’t mind trying.

I have plans on ordering a replacement tank eventually. Oem is the best option but if they are going to keep the 32 for a large majority of their theirs sold then I don’t anticipate going oem.

Been on the phone with S&B and hope to have something soon.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw an ad the other day advertising that titan now makes a bigger fuel cell to replace the 32

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw an ad the other day advertising that titan now makes a bigger fuel cell to replace the 32

I saw that as well. I’m still looking. Personally the cost/gallon hasn’t been as advantageous to go with Titan.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
The unfortunate thing is that you can not get a larger replacement tank for gasoline. According to Titan it has to do with EPA regulations!

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Or just put the big aux tank in the bed

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if this would fit on the Megacab hmmm if so I’d order it today.

they say that it has to be cc with 8ft bed to fit, so there must be something different underneath orrrrrrrrrrrrr it's just a gimmick

I think it might also have something to do with where the DEF tank and fill is located on the Mega vs CC LWB. :confused:

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I think I might do an in bed tank to be honest. After looking at the costs. A lot more affordable and a lot more fuel overall. The 3500 and the trailer fully loaded with family still offered me a lot of left over payload
acd320f173fa29fe1040fe4038b07b0f.png

jsalbre

Reaction score
The unfortunate thing is that you can not get a larger replacement tank for gasoline. According to Titan it has to do with EPA regulations!

They’re either wrong or lying about that. Long Ranger has been making tanks for gas vehicles in Australia and the US for many years. I reached out to them about something for the CCSB and they said they don’t have anything yet, but it’s on their wish list. With Rams becoming more popular with the overland crowd in AUS (where the parent company is based) I bet it happens soon-ish.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Before the 20s came out when I was going to get a19, I was planning on getting a big tank for in the bed like that one with the little kit were you can plumb it into your fuel fill neck so you can let it trickle in.

Attachments

• 3490901_400x400.jpg
    3490901_400x400.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 14

NordicNevs

Reaction score
That’s in my cart right now. Might get a price quote tomorrow on it all or order mine. Not sure. Having 70+ gallons would be nice plus a box to get rid of my under seat tools would also be good.

Users who are viewing this thread