Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Brake Light

Wholeo

Reaction score
I have the Night Edition package and I am wanting to get a blacked out LED assembly, don't know why the trim package didn't come out that way in the first place. Looking at a Morimoto or Recon, only problem
is they only have part numbers listed for 4th gens. Looking at my brother's 18 the lights look identical, don't want to take it off to compare and create the dreaded leaking issue. Question is has anybody put the light
listed for a 4th gen on a 4.5 gen?

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have the Night Edition package and I am wanting to get a blacked out LED assembly, don't know why the trim package didn't come out that way in the first place. Looking at a Morimoto or Recon, only problem
is they only have part numbers listed for 4th gens. Looking at my brother's 18 the lights look identical, don't want to take it off and compare and create the dreaded leaking issue. Question is has anybody put the light
listed for a 4th gen on a 4.5 gen?
Same fit i would avoid recon as its known to leak

Wholeo

Reaction score
I can confirm after reaching out to Recon sales that their 4th gen part number is correct for the 19 and up. I can absolutely confirm the Morimoto 4th gen light works, I have one on my 22.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread