Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37 Micky Thompson bajas

Arvid

Reaction score
Anyone have 37” bajas on their stock suspension power wagon?
I think these will be my next shoe change and i’m teetering between 35’s and 37’s
2022 PW

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
I had 35" Baja ATs on my stock wheels and stock suspension. It would rub slightly while offroad but could be easily trimmed. Before switching to 37" Baja ATs and a Thuren suspension, I tried to fit the 37s with the stock suspension. It rubbed while backing out of my driveway while the wheels turned. May work if you trim a little, but not sure if it would work while the sway bar is disconnected while the front end flexes.

UglyViking

Reaction score
You can run 37s on stock suspension no problem, it's the stock wheel offset that is the challenge. The OEM wheel offset is somewhere in the +44mm to +54mm range, which means that when you put on 37s (which generally are 12.5 to 13.5 wide) you're extending that in even further. The recommended wheel offset is +18mm to +25mm.

If you're dead set on running the OEM wheels you can either run a narrow 37" tire (I believe mickey makes a 10-11" 37?), you can change the swaybar to a Thuren high clearance swaybar and Thuren/Carli/FirchFab radius arms, or you can deal with the rubbing and potentially lose a little turning radius.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I've been running 35 MT Baja Boss on my stock PW for 30K miles with no issues. I have the stock beadlock capable rims.

Arvid

Reaction score
Thanks guys. All good info.
I’ll post pictures once I decide and get them mounted.

Skid51

Reaction score
You can run 37s on stock suspension no problem, it's the stock wheel offset that is the challenge. The OEM wheel offset is somewhere in the +44mm to +54mm range, which means that when you put on 37s (which generally are 12.5 to 13.5 wide) you're extending that in even further. The recommended wheel offset is +18mm to +25mm.

If you're dead set on running the OEM wheels you can either run a narrow 37" tire (I believe mickey makes a 10-11" 37?), you can change the swaybar to a Thuren high clearance swaybar and Thuren/Carli/FirchFab radius arms, or you can deal with the rubbing and potentially lose a little turning radius.
I’d love a 37x11.5R17 in a MT BB AT on stock rims but I believe the only availability in that size is a Nitto Recon. I do want a 3MPSF which the Recon is not.

Arvid

Reaction score

How hard is it to change the wheel offset?

UglyViking

Reaction score
I’d love a 37x11.5R17 in a MT BB AT on stock rims but I believe the only availability in that size is a Nitto Recon. I do want a 3MPSF which the Recon is not.
I don't know if you live in an area where a 3PMSF is a requirement, but those recons look like they would do decent in the snow, just going by their lug spacing. Perhaps look into some reviews if having the icon isn't a hard requirement?

Past that, it looks like I was thinking of 35s for my dually, and not 37s for my 2500. In which case you're basically gonna be running a 12.5 wide on any 37.

How hard is it to change the wheel offset?
You don't change wheel offset, you just buy new wheels. In order to get the correct offset on the OEM wheels to not need high clearance radius arms and swaybar, you'd have to run something like a 0.75" spacer, which is not something I'd recommend at all as you're just losing thread engagement on your hubs.

Enve46

Reaction score
I would upload a picture but I keep getting an error saying image file is too large, guess something changed in this site?

Anyway, I run 37x12.50 Geolander MTs, stock PW. Minor rubbing. I’m also running AEV Salta wheels which have proper spacing to fit 37s. There’s lots of good reading out there on Thurens website on wheel offset, take a look at that cause I learned a lot.

Skid51

Reaction score
I don't know if you live in an area where a 3PMSF is a requirement, but those recons look like they would do decent in the snow, just going by their lug spacing. Perhaps look into some reviews if having the icon isn't a hard requirement?
Not a requirement here in the Cdn Rockies but given I ran dedicated winter tires 6+ months of the year on past trucks I feel 3PMSF is a minimum threshold for a year-round tire. Research on the Recon doesn’t uncover anyone raving about snow/ice performance and just visually you can see it has noticeably less siping than say a Baja Boss, Wildpeak or KO2. I think I will take this in steps: replace the OEM Duratracs with 35” 3PMSF A/T’s (MTBB’s or Wildpeaks), see how they work for my purposes (everything from black ice to highway towing to annual Moab trip) and, then when they are due for replacement, make a decision on 37x12.5’s + new rims with the needed offset to run those tires.

tchur1

Reaction score
Not a requirement here in the Cdn Rockies but given I ran dedicated winter tires 6+ months of the year on past trucks I feel 3PMSF is a minimum threshold for a year-round tire. Research on the Recon doesn’t uncover anyone raving about snow/ice performance and just visually you can see it has noticeably less siping than say a Baja Boss, Wildpeak or KO2. I think I will take this in steps: replace the OEM Duratracs with 35” 3PMSF A/T’s (MTBB’s or Wildpeaks), see how they work for my purposes (everything from black ice to highway towing to annual Moab trip) and, then when they are due for replacement, make a decision on 37x12.5’s + new rims with the needed offset to run those tires.
My brother has the Baja boss ats in a 37 on AEV saltas (+27 offset I believe) and stock suspension on his 22 power wagon and had no rubbing issues whatsoever. Truck is an absolute tank in the snow on that setup.

Cloudx92

Reaction score
im rocking a set of 37 x 12.5 x 17 Baja Boss's and i love them! i got the CJC method exclusive rims and i have a TINY bit of rub on full lock on inclines; but other than that theyre amazing! i am considering going to 38 x 13.5's

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
im rocking a set of 37 x 12.5 x 17 Baja Boss's and i love them! i got the CJC method exclusive rims and i have a TINY bit of rub on full lock on inclines; but other than that theyre amazing! i am considering going to 38 x 13.5's
Pics

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
For the guys running the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires in 37", what load rating are you running? I can only find 37's with a "D" load rating.

I don't think they make the "E" in the taller sidewalls. If you get a 20" rim you can get the 37" in E, though.

Users who are viewing this thread