Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 rear diff question

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Hey folks, I think there was an option to order anti-spin (limited slip) rear axle on 2500, but there was none of that and no packages that included this feature on 3500. So I'm wondering if 3500 came with it by default?
Anyone knows for sure?
Yeah I could floor it on a gravel road and have someone watch the rear tires to see if both will spin, but I'm not home and would rather ask if anyone knows.

Squatch

Reaction score
I was curious about this too, I’ve been on some gnarly slick logging roads and it didn’t have any problems, but still not sure.

eng23ine

Reaction score
Easy enough to check and see if you have LSD:
Jack up rear end, try to spin one side by hand...
if the other side spins the opposite direction then you don't have LSD.

Heckyl

Reaction score
Anti spin is standard on a 3500. To check, just get on some grass and goose it, then get out and see if both tires spun. If both spun, then you have limited slip diff.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Another way to tell if you have LSD is everything you look at is changing colors and you might even see pink elephants or giant tarantulas. Followed by a big down / bad trip. Or so I was told.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
I love overloaded abbreviations! In the RV world, I like TV; it that the screen inside the cabin where I used to be able to watch sports, or is in the nice new Ram 3500 that I just bought?

Nick

Reaction score
They are not Limited slip . I didn't see it as an option when I ordered my 2020 3500. Comes with traction control or anti spin same thing works with the brakes etc

MikeXM

Reaction score
They are not Limited slip . I didn't see it as an option when I ordered my 2020 3500. Comes with traction control or anti spin same thing works with the brakes etc
They are limited slip. And also included: Traction control which is something different (works with brakes like you said).
It is simply not an option on the 3500, they all come with it. Unlike the 2500.

My build sheet lists both:
"Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle"
and
"Traction Control"

See for yourself. Enter your VIN here:

MEGA HO

Reaction score
x2 what Mike said. Traction is tires, differential is gearing assembly.
When they say anti-spin differential rear axle it must be the LSD, otherwise it would be a false advertisement.

My build sheet says the same:
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Conventional Differential Frt Axle

John Jensen

Reaction score
x2 what Mike said. Traction is tires, differential is gearing assembly.
When they say anti-spin differential rear axle it must be the LSD, otherwise it would be a false advertisement.

My build sheet says the same:
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Conventional Differential Frt Axle
Mine says the same

Users who are viewing this thread