Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 Mega Cab SRW no more?

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Not sure if its an anomaly or just a poor website error but if you try to build a 2024 Mega Cab 3500 SRW- you are forced to order the w/ DRW option. Its not something that can be removed. If you change to the Crew Cab, then DRW is optional. Maybe discontinuing the mega cab for 2025?

Not sure but definitely weird...

JABAR357

Reaction score
Not sure if its an anomaly or just a poor website error but if you try to build a 2024 Mega Cab 3500 SRW- you are forced to order the w/ DRW option. Its not something that can be removed. If you change to the Crew Cab, then DRW is optional. Maybe discontinuing the mega cab for 2025?

Not sure but definitely weird...
Add the Snow Chief Group and it will remove the DRW,

Saskman

Reaction score
You got wondering as i have on order 24 3500 SRW Limited with MC HO with ram box delete and fifth wheel prep package, I just tried to order the same truck and it allows me to to configure the MC and still have the SRW.

Keep in mind this is the Canadian https://www.ramtruck.ca/en/build-and-price site.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Add the Snow Chief Group and it will remove the DRW,
Interesting- but that’s another $700~ options someone might not want so basically they dropped the msrp but raised the price through forced options. Typical Ram behavior.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting- but that’s another $700~ options someone might not want so basically they dropped the msrp but raised the price through forced options. Typical Ram behavior.

You should probably just cancel your order. I'm sure RAM will have made 100 mistakes or put some useless junk on your build.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
You should probably just cancel your order. I'm sure RAM will have made 100 mistakes or put some useless junk on your build.
Actually I ordered mine with a modified snow chief package minus the tires to save a few hundred to put towards tires that don’t belong in a landfill…I know your not a fan of mine but the assumptions really were not productive.

Darkside

Reaction score
Can’t build a Laramie 2500 CCLB 4x4 either, select CCLB it forces 4x2, select 4x4 it changes to short bed…..

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Can’t build a Laramie 2500 CCLB 4x4 either, select CCLB it forces 4x2, select 4x4 it changes to short bed…..
makes me think to help raise the price, they force another option to offset their discounts or 2025 is going to be a bigger redesign than we think and they are streamlining production for some weird reason.

If it’s reason #1, I love ram’s but it makes me wish ford had the Cummins in their truck, I’d move there since they give the customer far more options when ordering

jsalbre

Reaction score
It’s been said here many times, but seems to need to be repeated on a regular basis. The build and price on the Ram site is rarely accurate, and full of bugs. The only accurate account of what options can and cannot be ordered are the order guides that dealers can download. Some provide them here occasionally if you ask.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
It’s been said here many times, but seems to need to be repeated on a regular basis. The build and price on the Ram site is rarely accurate, and full of bugs. The only accurate account of what options can and cannot be ordered are the order guides that dealers can download. Some provide them here occasionally if you ask.
Their website is nothing but a bad dream but in my experiences it’s pretty accurate

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
All manufactures build and price systems are about the same its just brutal.

regal2800

Reaction score
Didn’t 2024 order bank close already? At this point it’s probably better to wait for the rumored designed changes in 2025 anyway.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Didn’t 2024 order bank close already? At this point it’s probably better to wait for the rumored designed changes in 2025 anyway.
No its better to let others be the guine pigs for the new changes first! Never buy the first model year that has served me well for decades, then i bought my 19 and surprise surprise issues and recalls on all these design changes

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Orders for 2023s ended May 18th. I would assume 2024s would end around then- maybe later with the 2025s being changed. As I’ve already said a few times, I don’t see things getting better overall with 2025.

Users who are viewing this thread