Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 Hood Liner (Insulation) Sags in The Center

roegs

Reaction score
My hood liner (RAM calls it Insulation Pad) is sagging in the center closest to the windshield. That section of the hood liner is held in place by 3 tabs that slide into slots in the hood. The center tab no longer stays in the slot, and it allows that part of the hood liner to sag down. I'm still in warranty so I'll run it over to the dealer, but I'm curious if others have experienced the same? It's hard to photograph, but I did attach a couple of photos.

IMG_1649.jpg IMG_1650.jpg

rossagge

Reaction score
My hood liner (RAM calls it Insulation Pad) is sagging in the center closest to the windshield. That section of the hood liner is held in place by 3 tabs that slide into slots in the hood. The center tab no longer stays in the slot, and it allows that part of the hood liner to sag down. I'm still in warranty so I'll run it over to the dealer, but I'm curious if others have experienced the same? It's hard to photograph, but I did attach a couple of photos.

View attachment 40914 View attachment 40915
Yeah. My 2020 did the same. That center would hold for a while then the next time I'd look it was back out. After I purposely loosened those back tabs in order to get to my washer tubes that disconnected. It never was the same. It doesn't bother me now, since I got rid of it, Haha! Haven't noticed any issues with my 2022.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Mine is the same way. Unless they changed the design, the replacment will do the same thing. Some high temperature contact adhesive will fix that and will be invisible. Can't think of any other way to fix this lousy design permanently. Obviously it is made that way to ease assembly.

Edit: I used Loctite spray adhesive. Pulled all the tabs out. Sprayed it on the entire upper edge of the liner and the mating surface of the hood. Put cardboard or a towel over the cowling to catch over spray. I let the adhesive dry for five minutes and put the tabs into place. Then applied pressure to entire area to set the adhesive. Will know if it works with time. The Loctite stuff is supposed to be good for high temperatures.
IMG_1619.JPGIMG_1621.JPG

Last edited:

roegs

Reaction score
Some high temperature contact adhesive will fix that and will be invisible.
Good point. I noticed you have basically the same truck. Is your hood liner center tab still fully seated in the hood slot?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Good point. I noticed you have basically the same truck. Is your hood liner center tab still fully seated in the hood slot?
No. Check my edit above. Better than going to the dealer and having the truck sit for a week.

pinco

Reaction score
Same here. 2020. There should be a grommet in the center location.

roegs

Reaction score
New one the dealer installed is still holding up well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread