Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 HO Rear End clunk on 1st-2nd interchange

BigOlMega

Reaction score
Is anyone else hearing this clunk? When driving slow, starting out, etc, going from 1st to 2nd or vice versa, there is a clunk from the rear end.

Dealer has looked at this multiple times (done it since day 1) and always says that everything is normal with no "abnormal noises". I called back to get clarification on whether or not they actually confirmed it (Service at 6 and they all hit the door running at 5:45 so I had to pick it up from Sales) and now they say I should bring it back to open a star case...............:mad:

Seems it does this most when the shift is extended some (keeping same speed).

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Is anyone else hearing this clunk? When driving slow, starting out, etc, going from 1st to 2nd or vice versa, there is a clunk from the rear end.

Dealer has looked at this multiple times (done it since day 1) and always says that everything is normal with no "abnormal noises". I called back to get clarification on whether or not they actually confirmed it (Service at 6 and they all hit the door running at 5:45 so I had to pick it up from Sales) and now they say I should bring it back to open a star case...............:mad:

Seems it does this most when the shift is extended some (keeping same speed).

Sorry for the trouble, @BigOlMega. If you are planning to move forward with your dealer, I would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process. Our team is always a private message away!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread