Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 factory air leaf springs on non factory air 3500

Scooter29

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 3500 non factory air ride and I have installed Timber grove air bags for my truck camper. I was looking to eventually get a Carli add a pack to smooth out larger bumps in the rear. But I’m also looking at using take off leaf springs from a factory air 3500 since they seem to be a lighter spring pack and different design of course. This would smooth out the rear some and I have my airbags for heavier loads. Any reason why this would be a bad idea? Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 3500 non factory air ride and I have installed Timber grove air bags for my truck camper. I was looking to eventually get a Carli add a pack to smooth out larger bumps in the rear. But I’m also looking at using take off leaf springs from a factory air 3500 since they seem to be a lighter spring pack and different design of course. This would smooth out the rear some and I have my airbags for heavier loads. Any reason why this would be a bad idea? Thanks
Why not just pull one of your leafs? To my understanding its just one extra leave over the air ride trucks

Scooter29

Reaction score
Why not just pull one of your leafs? To my understanding its just one extra leave over the air ride trucks
Could but don’t know what the load capability would be and the overload leaf would still be there causing the hard transition on big bumps. The air ride leafs are more than just one less leaf it’s a different setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread