Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

346 days since ordered, livid now

kvp

Reaction score
I've gone from annoyed to pissed off to livid.
If and when the truck ever shows up at Mark Dodge I don't know if I should take it.
It's now last year's model, has been sitting in the Mexican sun for four months.
What does that do to the body, battery and tires? How many rodents have had fun with it? We need a class action suit against Stellantis. This is ridiculous.

jebruns

Reaction score
That is ridiculous, no question. Is your deposit refundable? Or can you apply it to a '23?

Doubt you're going to get any traction with a class action suit, though.

Riddick

Reaction score
Definitely a crappy situation, but if you walk away what are you going to do? Chances of finding the exact truck you ordered are slim to none. On a positive note Mark Dodge definitely locked you in for price protection so you are saving quite a bit from todays prices...... not to mention the huge discount they offer.

I know you are frustrated but hang in there! Did you order a truck with a 68RFE, if so I wonder if the latest recall has anything to do with shipping new trucks?

kevin588127

Reaction score
Curious to know what you ordered that has taken a year to build. There are pros and cons both ways. Ordering a 23 ram is likely to cost about 10k more than what your 22 was ordered for. I would appeal to fca for some type of compensation. I think there was a member in one of the tracking threads that was able to get an extended warranty thrown into his deal.

joeycamp

Reaction score
I know you are frustrated but hang in there! Did you order a truck with a 68RFE, if so I wonder if the latest recall has anything to do with shipping new trucks?
MD told me that it will be shipping but can't be sold until recall resolved.

techman

Reaction score
What has MD been telling you? Continue to be patient? I would have bailed long ago and as far as a law suit that is a David and Goliath situation. Impossible? No. Waste of time? Maybe.

Your situation sucks, but it is just a truck. I'd start looking for another one. Save the lawyer fee's for getting your deposit back, plus interest.

jadmt

Reaction score
buddy ordered a new super duty and it took him 60 days to get it. He said Ford motor company (not the dealership) sent him updates every couple of days. Not sure why Ram can't do the same.

jsalbre

Reaction score
buddy ordered a new super duty and it took him 60 days to get it. He said Ford motor company (not the dealership) sent him updates every couple of days. Not sure why Ram can't do the same.
You can’t even order a superduty now. They’ve closed allocations until some unknown date in 2023.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Curious to know what you ordered that has taken a year to build. There are pros and cons both ways. Ordering a 23 ram is likely to cost about 10k more than what your 22 was ordered for. I would appeal to fca for some type of compensation. I think there was a member in one of the tracking threads that was able to get an extended warranty thrown into his deal.

this ^^^

That's the one thing that'd ease my mind a little is if you placed your order back in December of 2021, then the same build today (in either a 22 just now showing up to a dealership or ordering a 2023) is going to be +$10k more than what you have "on order"...yeah I wouldn't be happy either as there are other factors at play as well but that would be the sole reason I'd still "be willing" to buy it

understand the frustration...from others on here your experience isn't normal, but that doesn't matter if you're the "one" that gets struck by lightning.

It's also likely the configuration of your build isn't available anymore....I bought a 22 bighorn dually, level C and night edition with bucket seats. Online builder now throws out the level C package when adding the front buckets.

Tahoes and Yukons built back in April are still sitting in Arlington waiting on parts to be fitted before shipping so definitely not a Ram only issue

Users who are viewing this thread