Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3200 mi. Brokedown

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I was told it is the ''transmission harness'' causing my problems. WTH does a transmission harness do? What would this have to do with a DEF issue or not starting? Any mechanics out there? BTW, harness is backordered with no ETA, unbelievable.
If the trans harness also has the DEF pump wires in the same harness it could be the issue and the trans neutral safety switch can also cause a no start so the trans harness is a possible issue for sure

Reactions: jak

jak

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the Lemon Law on their vehicle, wondering what the process is? Did you use an attorney or do it on your own? Thanks.

jebruns

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the Lemon Law on their vehicle, wondering what the process is? Did you use an attorney or do it on your own? Thanks.
I LL'd a Ford truck back in 2004. How it works varies by state. But you will likely have to go to mediation with Ram first. If you are not happy with the results, then it's lawyer up time.

When I did mine, I was living in MN. And there it took the truck being in the shop for a total of more than 30 days, same general repair attempted more than twice (or something like that), etc. Mediation worked well for me. I got everything I paid for the truck back, including plates. There was a small deduction for mileage. If I were in your shoes, I'd be all over LL'ing it.

MtnRider

Reaction score

Varies by state but here it what is says for Mass. Looks like the dealers gets 3 attempts to fix the same problem and a certain amount of time, pretty sure waiting on parts does not apply, especially in these times we are living in with part shortages etc. Again, it's going to vary by state on how they handle it. Not sure you have met the requirements to lemon law it at this point?

jak

Reaction score
So were going on 4th repair, (not even sure what their gonna do this time) 7 weeks at a dealer 100 miles from my home. What would you folks do? Seriously considering the Lemon Law but have no idea how to go about it. Probably have to consult an attorney.

werard

Reaction score

phatboy64

Reaction score
So were going on 4th repair, (not even sure what their gonna do this time) 7 weeks at a dealer 100 miles from my home. What would you folks do? Seriously considering the Lemon Law but have no idea how to go about it. Probably have to consult an attorney.
So I never did a Lemon Law replacment however I had a 2014 3500 that had a bad vibration from day one. The dealer tried everything to solve but was never able to. So after about six months of trying to solve the problem the dealer did a “Buy Back” and ordered a new truck for me. I was able to keep the existing truck until the new one came in. After a little paperwork we traded keys and I was on my way.

This is one of the reasons I try to buy local and establish a relationship with the dealer.

Talk to your dealers General Manager. You may be surprised at how helpful they can be.

jak

Reaction score
Well after 3 long, frustrating months I finally got my truck back. Both computers and entire wiring harness (transmission, frame, engine) were replaced. Went on a trip and did about 1800 miles and so far all is well.
I would like to thank Mike McDonald Executive Referrals Manager with Stellantis for all his help and understanding. Before getting in contact with Mr. McDonald all correspondence with Ramcares was a useless waste of time. Mr. McDonald makes things happen, he listens and genuinely cares.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Well after 3 long, frustrating months I finally got my truck back. Both computers and entire wiring harness (transmission, frame, engine) were replaced. Went on a trip and did about 1800 miles and so far all is well.
I would like to thank Mike McDonald Executive Referrals Manager with Stellantis for all his help and understanding. Before getting in contact with Mr. McDonald all correspondence with Ramcares was a useless waste of time. Mr. McDonald makes things happen, he listens and genuinely cares.
I'll write that fellow's name down in case of future calamity.

Reactions: jak

Units

Reaction score
Good for you, no truck and making payments sucks.

jak

Reaction score
Good for you, no truck and making payments sucks.

Before I made contact with Mr. McDonald I was seriously considering using the Lemon Law. Although I wish this never happened, thanks to Mr. McDonald, I did receive some compensation for my inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread