Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.73 or 4.10 with Hemi

jm888

Reaction score
Last trip I got 9.8
Towing (hopefully)? What about empty?. Nice trailer. Is that around 30 feet? I am looking for something, hopefully a little under 30', as we still like to go to some of the smaller campgrounds.

jm888

Reaction score
I have only done 1 road trip not towing, and got 15.7 mpg

All other runs have been with the camper in tow.
Oh wow, that is great! I would be happy with that mileage for a big truck like this. Thanks.

LightRacer

Reaction score
Great info here! I guess I will get the 4.10. It actually doesn't seem like that big of a jump from the 3.73 anyways. Thanks.

Pronto

Reaction score
I got 4.10's and replaced the factory tires with larger ones. Calculating from the tire specs, that effectively put me at a 3.90 ratio. I just got back from a road trip pulling my boat through the Ozarks and I came back from that glad that I went with the 4.10's. But my view is only from the 4.10 side and with no experience with the 3.73. I wish someone like TFL would do an in-depth side by side test of two identical 2500's with the exception of their axle ratio to evaluate towing performance, mileage, drivability, etc. It'd be interesting to see what the measured differences are.

Users who are viewing this thread