Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd guessing my order

tpk0999

Reaction score
Theres been a lot of negative feedback as of late about these trucks. Frankly I'm kinda second guessing my order for a power wagon. I ran into an issue with my 2016 that required my truck to be painted from front to back. Not to mention the dealer screwing me over and not delivering what I wanted. I will never deal with that dealership again, manager basically threatened me (i was trading in a vehicle)Talk me out of pulling out of this order.

AndyS

Reaction score
Love the truck so far! Only gripe is AC performance is a bit weak. Other than that, zero complaints. It's my 3rd Ram ( 2000 2500, 2011 1500, 2019 2500) Would buy and will buy another when the time comes.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Love the truck so far! Only gripe is AC performance is a bit weak. Other than that, zero complaints. It's my 3rd Ram ( 2000 2500, 2011 1500, 2019 2500) Would buy and will buy another when the time comes.
I had an 04 1500. 16 2500 outdoorsman and soon a 19 power wagon. Countless other dodge products in between.

wowens79

Reaction score
I'm debating between the Ram and Chevy gassers. Ram was leading due to the 8spd, and the grill on the Chevy is hideous. But I've got a 2002 Chevy with 235K on it that I bought new, and it has been great. I was talking with a buddy about trucks the other day, and he was like "why would you change?" I thought about that, and now I'm really wavering.

The threads on the A/C really have me concerned, I live in GA, and I'm thinking about black, so a strong A/C is a must. Also with the Chevy you can get TTPMS at a very reasonable price. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to have a plan incase the old truck dies.

woody284

Reaction score
I have a 19, black exterior and black interior. I have factory tint on back three windows and ceramic tint to match the rear on the front doors. The ceramic helps with the heat transfer through the glass. We drove through Alabama this past weekend and got stuck in traffic for over 2 hours. Clear day, sun shining and dash said 93 degrees. I had the ac on but not on max, and the blower on about the second click. My wife had a blanket on as did my kids and I was comfortable. I wouldn’t say all the truck have AC issues or everyone is not happy. Don’t let that drive you away. I could add a light tint ceramic to the rear windows to help with heat transfer through the glass if I was concerned. This is my first dodge truck. I have had everything else and I’m pleased. The ride quaility blows away the ride of my f250 I had before this truck.

ahhhr

Reaction score
My truck is about to delivered.
I'm actually encourage by the limited amount of "hate" for this model. You always find hate if you look for it (ie read forums).
I 've seen worse hate for other vehicles and still been thrilled with my purchase.
Just my take...

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine has been. nearly perfect! I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. My guess is that there are thousands of happy owners who never even look at the forums for every serious complaint you read about on here. Not saying they are perfect, just that most are well satisfied.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
I don’t like that my hood bounces. The a/c could be better. If it gets totaled tomorrow, only thing I’m changing is the color of the interior, and maybe getting the night edition.

snowmiser68

Reaction score
I have about 5k miles on my '19 2500 Hemi 6.4 with Off-Road package. If it stays reliable, this could be the best truck I've owned (and I've had quite a few). My AC has been great, the truck is well insulated and quiet, and the quality seems to be great. The 8 speed transmission is really smooth, especially when towing. I had an '01 F250 Powerstroke with leaf spring suspension and I'm a big fan of this coil suspension.

Dealerships are made up of people - some are kind, helpful and trustworthy, and, well, others aren't (trying to be nice here). Changing your dealership could give you a brand new viewpoint on the brand. Best of luck to you!

IMG_3412.jpg

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I don’t like that my hood bounces. The a/c could be better. If it gets totaled tomorrow, only thing I’m changing is the color of the interior, and maybe getting the night edition.

Adjust your hood bump stops. It solves the problem to 95%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redman

Reaction score
I'm debating between the Ram and Chevy gassers. Ram was leading due to the 8spd, and the grill on the Chevy is hideous. But I've got a 2002 Chevy with 235K on it that I bought new, and it has been great. I was talking with a buddy about trucks the other day, and he was like "why would you change?" I thought about that, and now I'm really wavering.

The threads on the A/C really have me concerned, I live in GA, and I'm thinking about black, so a strong A/C is a must. Also with the Chevy you can get TTPMS at a very reasonable price. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to have a plan incase the old truck dies.
I would be more concerned with the direct injection gasser GM is using. Hearing about walnut shells to clean valves is a bit over the top imo. I'd rather stick to tried and true port injected ram or ford.

snowmiser68

Reaction score

I can tell you that I've driven 5k miles so far and have had no issues with the AC. I've run the AC through Vegas and the heater in Montana and Idaho, and the whole system seems pretty strong. It's no better or worse than the '01 F250 Powerstroke I owned before this 2019 2500 6.4. I had 180k miles on my F250 and it was a great truck. I understand the concern that you might buy something that you'll regret. I think Ram has it right with this 6.4 Hemi though and you'll love the 8 speed.

snowmiser68

Reaction score
Theres been a lot of negative feedback as of late about these trucks. Frankly I'm kinda second guessing my order for a power wagon. I ran into an issue with my 2016 that required my truck to be painted from front to back. Not to mention the dealer screwing me over and not delivering what I wanted. I will never deal with that dealership again, manager basically threatened me (i was trading in a vehicle)Talk me out of pulling out of this order.
So what did you decide? Are you staying with the Power Wagon order?

Users who are viewing this thread