Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2k RPM MDS Drone

pizzatots

Reaction score
Hi all -

Still getting used to the new truck after coming from a 1500 5.7.

When the truck is cruising on the highway at around 2k RPM and the motor drops in to MDS mode, I get a somewhat substantial droning sound if I give it light throttle myself, or if cruise control is picking up speed. My understanding was there is a noise cancelation system, as well as a force dampening/cancelation system on the Hemi, just like on the 1500. I didnt hear much noise from the MDS mode on the last truck - is this normal for these, or is the noise cancelation wonky on my rig?

Thanks!

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I do, but I noticed the drone before the steps were installed.

What about the steps was causing the drone?
some installs, the vibration dampeners are remounted and not properly…you may not have the dampeners, some don’t

pizzatots

Reaction score
Yeah I have em. Hopefully they werent remounted.They’re on the hemi and not the cummins.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Disable the MDS...

Sure. Obvious choice.

But. I have a long commute and it actually helps with mileage. Sure sure. Big truck bad mileage. But if I can eek out a way to not spend as much, it’s a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread