Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285 60 20 up to 65 tires

BULLSANDBUCKSHUNTER

Reaction score
I know to many tire treads but 1 more cause i need confirmation by someone having actually done it! These transforce suck! Want to go up to 285/65/20 on factory NE rims(20×9" i think) it should be a effectively a 1" taller tire with no width change. Considering 2 tires: falken wildpeaks or cooper xlt, the coopers seem to be .3" wider at same size. All factory truck, whos done it and what was results? Thanks guys

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I know to many tire treads but 1 more cause i need confirmation by someone having actually done it! These transforce suck! Want to go up to 285/65/20 on factory NE rims(20×9" i think) it should be a effectively a 1" taller tire with no width change. Considering 2 tires: falken wildpeaks or cooper xlt, the coopers seem to be .3" wider at same size. All factory truck, whos done it and what was results? Thanks guys

I have 285/65R20 Falken's on my truck. Absolutely no issues.

jmc512

Reaction score
@Brutal_HO when you get a chance, can you measure your tire diameter? I know they should be 34.6 inches according to the web but I'm curious of actual measurements.

My TransForce measure almost 33 inches exactly and I'm curious how close it would be to my measurement.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I can try to measure but I currently have the tire size programmed for 2690 MM circumference to match the GPS speed.

Seems odd that the factory was 2640, but I never checked the accuracy before making the change.

yycdiesel

Reaction score
i run a 35x12.5r20 on oem wheels and no issues except for extreme turning, youll be good.

jmc512

Reaction score
i run a 35x12.5r20 on oem wheels and no issues except for extreme turning, youll be good.
What tires are you running and what's your opinion on their performance? In my reading (may not be accurate), it seems different tire manufacturers offer a 35 inch tire but the actual measurement is less than 35 inches. While that's not a problem, the variance between the tires could be if it comes down to millimeters for clearance.

yycdiesel

Reaction score
What tires are you running and what's your opinion on their performance? In my reading (may not be accurate), it seems different tire manufacturers offer a 35 inch tire but the actual measurement is less than 35 inches. While that's not a problem, the variance between the tires could be if it comes down to millimeters for clearance.
Goodyear duratracs in a 12 ply, they measure to 34.8 inches by 12.5.
Im bias because i live in Canada and work for Goodyear.

Users who are viewing this thread