Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285 305 33 or 35

Roxhound

Reaction score
Greetings,

Am wondering, as fall/winter starts to set in. I have a 23 with the 20"rims, and i have the Off-Road Package, with the Bilstein "performance tuned shock absorbers". I believe that puts a 1" lift in the Vehicle. As this is my first 2500, not sure which way to go.

Mostly on road, little off-road. Hauling, with trailer in next couple of years. I am looking for good winter tires to put on my current stock Rims. With my previous 1500, i had 2 sets of rims, 2 sets of tires. After paying for this truck, money is a little tighter, so just looking to swap tires for next couple of years.

Update - Live in western washington, but go over the pass during the winter to eastern washington.

So wondering what your opinions were.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Last edited:

Riddick

Reaction score
Your truck with the Off Road Package sits the same height as a truck without it. You have Bilstein shocks but have the same coil springs as other 2500s.

As for tire sizes you can clear a 35 on stock suspension, it all comes down to personal preference. A popular option is 285/65/20 which is the same width as stock but gives you more height, I think these are roughly 1 inch taller than stock measuring in around 34.6 inches. The Falken Wildpeaks have great reviews on here, several people run them.

Darkside

Reaction score
I’m running the 285/65/20 on my 2500, I have noticed over the years and many vehicles/ tires combinations, the narrower the tread the better the traction in snow/mud/rain. The wider tires have a harder time “clearing” a path and tend to float over instead of cutting through.

areuriding

Reaction score
Put the 35's on and call it a day. You'll be glad you did..

jetrinka

Reaction score
If you're swapping tires between a summer and winter set then go with the narrower tire and find a dedicated snow tire. Even with the 3PMSF symbol a good A/T tire just doesn't compare to an actual snow tire. I just wish they sold them in larger diameter sizes.... I stick to my trucks stock size of 285/70R17 with some Cooper Discoverer Snow Claws w/studs. I probably take too much pleasure in cruising past guys either stuck or slipping around in their Jeeps on their oversized mud tires.

Users who are viewing this thread