Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 trim for TALL drivers

napili50

Reaction score
I'm 6'9".

Test drove a 2021 tradesman today, was surprised and disappointed that steering wheel did not telescope. Result was poor fit, both legs and position.

What trim levels have telescoping steering column or other features for xx-tall? I have sat in some 1500 with adjustable pedals and telescoping steering not stellar but adequate, and the truck(s) were pricey.

Are there other tall drivers who can recommend?

In the meantime, I'm looking for big horn 2500 to try, seems to be a shortage in my area.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
No telescoping wheel in any trim on the 4.5gen HD Rams.

Won't happen until the 5th gen cab hits the platform.

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Crazy they don’t have a telescoping wheel. Should be absolutely standard on any vehicle. My 1500 Laramie had it 2019..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napili50

Reaction score
My last car rental, a 4Runner, had it.

I'm 6'9".

Test drove a 2021 tradesman today, was surprised and disappointed that steering wheel did not telescope. Result was poor fit, both legs and position.

What trim levels have telescoping steering column or other features for xx-tall? I have sat in some 1500 with adjustable pedals and telescoping steering not stellar but adequate, and the truck(s) were pricey.

Are there other tall drivers who can recommend?

In the meantime, I'm looking for big horn 2500 to try, seems to be a shortage in my area.
Expanding my question. What 2500 trim levels have the bucket or captain chair crew cab configuration? Same question about adjustable pedals.

Reaction score
Expanding my question. What 2500 trim levels have the bucket or captain chair crew cab configuration? Same question about adjustable pedals.
My 2016 Laramie 2500 Power Wagon has adjustable pedals, steering wheel and seats with memory.

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
For 2021s, according to the ramtrucks site:

Buckets are optional on Big Horn, Laramie and Power Wagon. Standard on Longhorn and Limited.

Power adjustable pedals are optional on Big Horn, Laramie and Power Wagon.

Power adjustable pedals with memory are standard on Longhorn and Limited, optional on Power Wagon.

I know for 2020s, my Laramie has power adjustable pedals with memory, so there could be other slight differences between model years.

Users who are viewing this thread