Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 Rebel Reviews

jsalbre

Reaction score
It appears the media embargo on 2023 2500 Rebel reviews ended at midnight, so tons of driving impressions got posted early this morning. I've done some quick summarizing below and linked to a few of the articles.

Nothing too terribly surprising, though some reviewers didn't seem to understand that there are people that both need to tow bit more weight than a Power Wagon was designed to handle, but less than a long bed dually, and want to offroad at a level between the two as well. There was a nearly universal sentiment that the Hemi was the better choice off-road, as the Cummins had too much weight up front, too stiff springs, and had too touchy of a throttle in low range. Some also complained that the Cummins had poor engine braking off road as the exhaust brake wasn't useful at speeds that low. Most also agreed that the Hemi had better on road handling and feel (again due to the lower weight up front) but the freight train torque of the Cummins made acceleration effortless and its fuel economy was much better.

The only truly unexpected thing was that two reviewers mentioned you could lock the rear axle in 2WD, which seems surprising if accurate and not just a per-production fluke.

A few article links:

And some videos:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Oh, forgot to point out one thing that I bet a lot will be happy to hear. The Cummins Rebel that TFL drove had a 1831# payload capacity. Much higher than the 1500# that people were throwing around before.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 09.39.03.png

Enve46

Reaction score
Seems to fill a void for sure. I know some will compare numbers in cost but cost is a side factor if the truck delivers majority of what you're needing it to do. I certainly am intrigued but I do love my mega cab

BobinCo

Reaction score
I think the Rebel is a great upgrade for Ram. They did mention in the Garage Talk video that the interior has finally been upgraded to match the current 1500's...as soon as the 18" wheels are available, I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering one!

jsalbre

Reaction score
I think the Rebel is a great upgrade for Ram. They did mention in the Garage Talk video that the interior has finally been upgraded to match the current 1500's...as soon as the 18" wheels are available, I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering one!
The HDs have had the same interior as the 1500s since 2019.

Bighoof

Reaction score
Probably will be my next truck but why did they not include 35" tires to compete with the Tremor? Or at the very least as an option?

Users who are viewing this thread