Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 Leveling Kit

thecastle

Reaction score
the stock front on a 3500 is 40”. The rear is 42”. Anything more than 1.5” for lift and you’ll be nose high like some of the trucks pictured in this thread, especially as the rear springs sag with use. Though some like that look. My truck had a 3” front spacer which made the nose 1” higher than the rear and the truck had saggy butt syndrome. trying to achieve an always level truck isn’t possible unless you have self leveling suspension. Add weight and passengers or a trailer and what was dead level becomes nose high. So my recommendation maintain a slight amount of front rake.

QCHunter

Reaction score
my truck with the 2.5" rough country level.
I still need to install my RC leveling kits. Did you find the instructions accurate when it comes to indexing the isolators? I’ve seen some say that on the passenger side you should align the it isolator on the D and not the P for passenger. Curious what you did?

Did you adjust your caster by 2 marks?

Thanks in advance

Leonm228

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hoping someone can chime in on a similar situation, if you have had it. Had the Thuren 2" installed with Fox shocks, sway bar and track bar. After install steering wheel was offline, barely. Truck had no pull left or right on flat road, and rides well. Wanted to drive it a bit before getting alignment checked and steering corrected. In the process I got a "service electronic stability control" message, but had not gone away. Took to dealer, who told me there is nothing they can do, unless I pay for service out of pocket, as I have "voided" my suspension warranty due to the leveling kit. They checked code and it appears to be due to the "steering sensor not in range." Anyone info is appreciated. TIA

Wholeo

Reaction score
Steering wheel adjustment is easy to fix when you have your alignment done. You could do it yourself, there are videos on YouTube on how to adjust drag link. Not sure about the warranty, my dealer is willing to put on a non Mopar leveling kit and perform an alignment, asked about warranty issues and they said the only thing they couldn't warranty was the replacement parts which is obvious. I guess every dealer is different.

Last edited:

oilnewby

Reaction score
It is due to the new track bar - mine did the same thing. The track bar re-centers your axle resulting in your steering wheel being off-center; that is what is causing the light - once you get an alignment the light will go away.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hoping someone can chime in on a similar situation, if you have had it. Had the Thuren 2" installed with Fox shocks, sway bar and track bar. After install steering wheel was offline, barely. Truck had no pull left or right on flat road, and rides well. Wanted to drive it a bit before getting alignment checked and steering corrected. In the process I got a "service electronic stability control" message, but had not gone away. Took to dealer, who told me there is nothing they can do, unless I pay for service out of pocket, as I have "voided" my suspension warranty due to the leveling kit. They checked code and it appears to be due to the "steering sensor not in range." Anyone info is appreciated. TIA
As already mentioned, it is due to the modifications. As soon as you get your wheel back close enough to center so that a moderate turn followed by returning to approximately center, will clear that message. You could do it yourself or simply wait until you get the alignment done. No need to mess with the stealership.

Reaction score
Just adjust your track bar and it'll fix it like these guys said. That track bar adjustment won't mess with the trucks alignment, it'll only center the axle

flan

Reaction score
Just adjust your track bar and it'll fix it like these guys said. That track bar adjustment won't mess with the trucks alignment, it'll only center the axle
For 2” lift Track bar shouldn’t be adjusted, drag link can be though.. Very easy adjustment to make, I did my own and got it to my preference on the 2nd shot.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
No, this isn’t the problem.

The steering wheel is off because the trackbar length was already adjusted and the drag link length wasn’t. The drag link needs to be adjusted.

tchur1

Reaction score
I’m not sure if you meant drag link but adjusting the track bar won’t solve the issue, the drag link needs to be adjusted as others have mentioned.

HappyChappy

Reaction score
Did the clunk noise ever get fixed? I have this with a Thuren setup and nobody can figure out why it’s making clunking sounds over any kind of bumps. Had three different shops check for anything loose and all of them came back saying all was good. It’s strange.

I put an inexpensive 2.5" leveling kit and new adjustable track bar on my truck from Rough Country and now i hear a clunk when I hit a large bump. I suspect it's the shock extension brackets that came with the leveling kit. I may buy new longer shocks and pull off those brackets and see if the clunk goes away. (I guess you get what you pay for!)
nk

Reaction score
Did the clunk noise ever get fixed? I have this with a Thuren setup and nobody can figure out why it’s making clunking sounds over any kind of bumps. Had three different shops check for anything loose and all of them came back saying all was good. It’s strange.

nk
I did use the shock extensions that came with the kit. I suspected they were the cause of the clunk so pulled them off and bought new, slightly longer, billstein shocks. Clunk remains... so I'm still stumped.
Sorry I can't be more help but if you find the culprit let me know!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Is the clunk on compressions or extensions?

I ask because my truck clunks when I drop (extensions) a single tire off of something or into something quickly. Such as a one tire off a curb or into a pothole. I think I have determined mine to just be the limit of the front coils in their buckets or something such as that.

Hitting bumps (compressions) are smooth and no noises.

Also, coming off a curb with both front tires at the same time there is no clunk. This doesn’t cause the same extension as dropping one tire off. Additionally, driving slowly over bumps and curbs gives no noise either.

Reaction score

I ask because my truck clunks when I drop (extensions) a single tire off of something or into something quickly. Such as a one tire off a curb or into a pothole. I think I have determined mine to just be the limit of the front coils in their buckets or something such as that.

Also, coming off a curb with both front tires at the same time there is no clunk. This doesn’t cause the same extension as dropping one tire off. Additionally, driving slowly over bumps and curbs gives no noise

Also, coming off a curb with both front tires at the same time there is no clunk. This doesn’t cause the same extension as dropping one tire off. Additionally, driving slowly over bumps and curbs gives no noise either.
Mine does it when I hit a somewhat bigger bump in the road going 15 ish mph. Usually going through an intersection where the two road surfaces don't meet flush or there is some kinda drop off between the 2 surfaces. Not sure that's a great explanation...

HappyChappy

Reaction score
Mine seems to be both…or I guess pretty much any kind of bump or hole. Driving on the highway or main kind of road it’s very smooth but through a residential that doesn’t have the greatest of streets, it’s making all kinds of noises.
It does seem like the tire drops kind of hard when hitting a hole (mechanically stupid so not sure how to describe it) which is odd in my mind with my having the Thuren coils and Fox 2.0 from them. Going over cracks in the road, or asphalt lines where they’ve filled in the cracks, it makes noise where you hear it in every one I drive over.
This actually drives me crazy to the point where I don’t like driving it and want to get rid of it…especially with the kind of money I’ve put into it.

Reaction score
Mine seems to be both…or I guess pretty much any kind of bump or hole. Driving on the highway or main kind of road it’s very smooth but through a residential that doesn’t have the greatest of streets, it’s making all kinds of noises.
It does seem like the tire drops kind of hard when hitting a hole (mechanically stupid so not sure how to describe it) which is odd in my mind with my having the Thuren coils and Fox 2.0 from them. Going over cracks in the road, or asphalt lines where they’ve filled in the cracks, it makes noise where you hear it in every one I drive over.
This actually drives me crazy to the point where I don’t like driving it and want to get rid of it…especially with the kind of money I’ve put into it.

That sucks, i know the feeling. I've crawled around under there trying to find a loose nut or bolt and have not had any luck. I have not pulled the spring out completely and checked those smaller bolts that hold in the bucket on the top so maybe that's next.

Users who are viewing this thread