Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 4wd always pulls to right.

Don7962

Reaction score
My 2021 Ram 2500 4wd has always pulled to the right. Dealer could not fix and says that is the way it is. They actually tried denying it the first couple of visits. Now they just say live with it.
Shock just started leaking so will need a couple of front shocks. Shocks going bad at 32000 mi not very impressive.
Anyone suggestions would be appreciated. The pull is very annoying, would like to get it fixed.

Dinky503

Reaction score
My 2021 Ram 2500 4wd has always pulled to the right. Dealer could not fix and says that is the way it is. They actually tried denying it the first couple of visits. Now they just say live with it.
Shock just started leaking so will need a couple of front shocks. Shocks going bad at 32000 mi not very impressive.
Anyone suggestions would be appreciated. The pull is very annoying, would like to get it fixed.

what tires are you running? you could have what is called radial pull if your tires are wide. Ram trucks also have a lot of Toe in from factory and if dealer is checking the alignment this could continue to happen.
I would find a shop that just does alignment and have them set it to Thuren specs, Link below has a print out sheet and all the info you need to know about the front end.

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/pages/2014-2022-ram-2500-alignment

jetrinka

Reaction score
Does it really always pull right? I’d bet it would pull equally to the left if you drove down the wrong side of the road.

These trucks are sensitive to road crown. It’s just how it is.

Now if it still pulls right on the wrong side of the road then you’ve got a problem.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
what tires are you running? you could have what is called radial pull if your tires are wide. Ram trucks also have a lot of Toe in from factory and if dealer is checking the alignment this could continue to happen.
I would find a shop that just does alignment and have them set it to Thuren specs, Link below has a print out sheet and all the info you need to know about the front end.

https://www.thurenfabrication.com/pages/2014-2022-ram-2500-alignment
Useful link here. Check your alignment. I do mine at home and my happy spot is very close to thuren specs. They’re a good starting point

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
This fixed mine but I run Toyo MT 37’s

Dinky503

Reaction score
Does it really always pull right? I’d bet it would pull equally to the left if you drove down the wrong side of the road.

These trucks are sensitive to road crown. It’s just how it is.

Now if it still pulls right on the wrong side of the road then you’ve got a problem.

Its from too much toe in.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
This fixed mine but I run Toyo MT 37’s

A: that’s the opposite problem he has
B: steering stabilizers don’t really do anything to stabilize anything it’s just a name that makes you feel warm and fuzzy about buying them.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Its from too much toe in.
Mines set to Thuren specs and still does it.

Many people mistake a drift from crown for a pull.

OP have you driven it on the wrong side of the road yet to see what it does?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Perhaps road crown wandering issues are a regional issue because that’s not an issue where I live. Everything drives dead straight if you let off the wheel

Dinky503

Reaction score
Mines set to Thuren specs and still does it.

Many people mistake a drift from crown for a pull.

OP have you driven it on the wrong side of the road yet to see what it does?

Yeah road crown will do it. Best way do check is a big empty parking lot. I'm in Hillsboro oregon not far from you. Our roads are crowned for a few weeks then we'll you know **** lol. Never seen so many ruts on freeways.

GBB

Reaction score
Mine did the same..was wearing out passenger tire on the outside. Had alignment set to Thuren specs and no more pulling to right. Even seems like steering is lighter.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
A: that’s the opposite problem he has
B: steering stabilizers don’t really do anything to stabilize anything it’s just a name that makes you feel warm and fuzzy about buying them.

Hey man, I'm on here to learn more about my truck. Some of us have less experience (myself) and others have more. Your post did nothing to educate and instead belittled me. Try to be more productive in this community and help spread your depth of knowledge. More folks will appreciate you.

Without derailing this thread, why are steering stabilizers useless then if the truck already comes with one?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm on here to learn more about my truck. Some of us have less experience (myself) and others have more. Your post did nothing to educate and instead belittled me. Try to be more productive in this community and help spread your depth of knowledge. More folks will appreciate you.

Without derailing this thread, why are steering stabilizers useless then if the truck already comes with one?
I didn’t say useless. I said they don’t do anything to stabilize anything.

They’re essentially a shock absorber would absorb and smooth out tiny left to right vibrations by dampening them (slowing them down) It would be more accurate for them to be referred to as a steering dampener. The one you linked to is nitrogen charged in addition to being an emulsion shock so it wants to push one direction but essentially works the same way. Read between the lines you will see that product is a bandaid / lazy fix. If your steering stabilizer fell off you would probably not feel a difference. When I build steering systems I never add one

As far as your feelings I apologize. I was not trying to belittle you, I just don’t think he needs to throw any expensive gimmick products at his truck.

jimmyco99

Reaction score
i have a 2022 2500 HEMI which I installed 2" Bilstein springs and 5100's on front. After install I took to Firestone for alignment and Tech had no idea what he was doing, my truck yanked right bad, took it back with Thuren specs and even though TOE was still a tad off its dead center. I did notice though that they snapped the shaft on the steering stabilizer somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread