Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

23 Ram Rebel 2500 HD Diesel

UglyViking

Reaction score
I hear you. Honestly my dream truck would be a Hemi Tradesman with the PW package but with the standard suspension. I want the tools like the lockers and winch but don't really need the soft suspension.
You could always do the PW, then just change the springs and shocks out to the Carli system. You're gonna spend a little more but you're getting back towards OEM payload.

jetrinka

Reaction score
You could always do the PW, then just change the springs and shocks out to the Carli system. You're gonna spend a little more but you're getting back towards OEM payload.
I thought about it. The problem is everything will eventually wear out and need replacing. I bought this truck intending on owning it for quite a long time and who knows if replacement aftermarket stuff will be able to be had. Maybe but who knows. I’ll be able to get OEM stuff for decades to come.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the biggest difference between Ram and Ford here is that the Rebel is a new trim, where as the Tremor is a package option. I think there may be a group of OEM guys that value the combo for sure, and @jetrinka you bring up a good point about that, but overall it's nowhere near a power wagon. I just don't understand why these aren't line item options. I mean you could surely package this together instead of the off road option that currently exists right? Like, the current off-road package already has the shocks, and at least one skid plate, you're basically adding a second skid, rear locker and tires? You can keep the winch as a separate line item for the hemi only trucks and boom done.

I think they also really messed up with 33s on 20s. The tremor seems to hit a great sweet spot in that you're not giving up any payload, but you're gaining all the off-road goodies (rear locker, front limited slip, shocks, 35x18s, skid plates, and even a level). I assume the Rebel is Rams answer to the Ford Tremor, and honestly I find it seriously weak. I think they spent too much time focusing on the branding and not enough on any serious value for the thing.

I don't think you can package all the Limited features - interior, headlights, seating, I see on the Rebel on a PW unless you got in on the 75th.

megacabby

Reaction score
I just want that sport hood lol. Had a 2019 limited before the PW and asked the dealer about ordering a color matched sport hood, cost actually wasn’t that bad.
I’m interested too!

Do you have the part number for the Sport Hood?

jsalbre

Reaction score
I don't think you can package all the Limited features - interior, headlights, seating, I see on the Rebel on a PW unless you got in on the 75th.
The level 3 PW last year and level 2 for 2023 have the headlights and leather.

el_barto

Reaction score
It’s good they added the option to better compete with the Tremor. I think the tremor is a better option though…front LSD, winch available on diesel, and factory 35s (not that you can’t fit 35s on a power wagon)
I’m sure they will sell well to people who want a bit more aggressive looks and maybe take their truck up some dirt roads(the rear is an advantage over just an LSD offroad at times), but it’s not a diesel power wagon by any stretch. No front locker, 20s, and the springs are stiff to accommodate the payload(and no articulink). I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer the rear locker and winch (for gas trucks) as options on Tradesman trim, they sell a number of Power Wagons to gov agencies and a less expensive option for slightly improved capabilities would sell well.

I’m all for it. It might mean less power wagons live the life of pavement pricesses (those that want the look might buy rebel instead), and maybe it draws some more aftermarket by having a larger “offroad” market of Ram owners to sell to

Users who are viewing this thread