Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Power Wagon Build Update

JamesEvan

Reaction score
Dropping an update on my overlanding build, slowly chipping away at everything I need. :cool:

Current Mods/Additions:

Wheels - AEV Salta 17x8.5
Tires - 37" Falken Wildpeak AT3W *No rub
Suspension - Carli Backcountry System w/ Fox 2.0s *Crossmember mod for increased driveshaft clearance
Storage - Decked
Bed Cap - RSI SmartCap EVOa Adventure

Recovery Gear

Harbor Freight
Haul-Master 9000 Lbs Tow Strap
BadLand D Ring Shackles
BadLand Snatch Block

Amazon
Bunker Industry Traction Boards
UCreative Soft Shackles
Rhino Shackle Hitch Receiver
Yankum 30' Rattler Kinetic Recovery Rope
Fiskers Chopping Axe
Bully Tools D-Handle Shovel (On Order)
Pro Eagle Kratos 3 Ton Jack (On Order)

Power
Bluetti AC2000P Portable Power Station

Cooking
Camp Chef Everest 2

Misc
Power Tank 15lbs (On Order)

120E8C8D-3058-4C68-8310-61F29FAF9090.jpg

3E4F577C-148B-4E8B-A946-57D2A1016674.jpg

229560E6-E587-4AEC-AE06-612E4EFE66D5.jpg

6B3D34F1-E2A6-4879-9DE6-456C55CD8D25.jpg

Last edited:

JamesEvan

Reaction score
Nice build! I'm curious about the crossmember mod for the driveline clearance. Did you just cut it out more?
The shop heated it up and bent it down, there wouldn't have been anything left if we cut. Still some clearance issues on the front track bar (full droop) that I am less concerned about. Only real fix on that would be limit straps vs cutting according to the shop I had it at.

JeepingNet

Reaction score
Very nice build I'm also thinking about the RSI cap and decked system. Looks great!

I'm curious what model number is your RSI SmartCap EVOa Adventure? I didn't think they made one for the ram yet?

Last edited:

Loosebolts

Reaction score
This is a really nice set up, I gotta look into the cross member mod, I’m assuming not running a spare? Everything looks really good.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
This is a really nice set up, I gotta look into the cross member mod, I’m assuming not running a spare? Everything looks really good.
Still rocking the factory spare, need to figure out a solution as I will be sleeping in the bed until I get my RTT in. I have considered seeing if a deflated 35 would fit in the spare location.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
Very nice build I'm also thinking about the RSI cap and decked system. Looks great!

I'm curious what model number is your RSI SmartCap EVOa Adventure? I didn't think they made one for the ram yet?
From what I am being told this is one of the first for purchase EVOa Adventure Caps in the US, I was #2 on the list

JamesEvan

Reaction score
Update:
- 15lbs Power Tank just arrived
- Playing with different configurations in cab and bed with the SetPower RV45D Refrigerator & Bluetti ACP2000 Portable Power Station
- Picked up some cheap amazon led strips and installed better magnets for cap mounting

IMG_2200.jpegIMG_2201.jpegIMG_2202.jpeg

Etoimos

Reaction score
Nice build so far. What was your reason for going with the Power Tank setup over a compressor setup? I've ran C02 setups for my rock crawling Jeeps since they air up much quicker, but for my overlanding builds they did not work out to well since I was airing up and down multiple times while out on a trip.

mitts2

Reaction score
Beautiful truck man! 2 questions:

- How did you land on the Wildeaks as the go-to tire?
- Are the Saltas in the Onyx color or black? I'm going to get a set when my PW gets delivered and debating between the Onyx vs. traditional black?

Users who are viewing this thread