Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'22 Harmon Cardon ANC issue

Itsa Hemi

Reaction score
I did all the forum recommendations for disabling the ANC in my truck. Bought the mic bypass cable. No change. Bought the alfaOBD software and bypass cable. I disabled ANC everywhere I could find it. It's still there.

I took the truck to the dealer this morning. The service writer talked to a tech. He said i've done everything he can do, so basically, just live with it. I told him about the forum, and that others had ran into the same issue.
He offered to take the truck in and do a diagnostic on it (for $150.00 diagnostic fee). I told him the truck has 1K on it, and there seems to be some faulty amplifiers being shipped in these trucks. Of course, that's the first he's heard of that.
I'm afraid if I drop it at the dealer, a few days later I'll get a call that they couldn't find anything wrong. The Amp checks out fine, and here's your bill...
I'm not liking that scenario.

So....I got to thinking. (Yeah, dangerous I know). The ANC shuts off when I open a door. If I could find the circuit going to the amp carrying the signal to shut off the ANC, I could somehow trick the amp/ANC into thinking the door was open and shut it off.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the amplifier that might show the wire completing the "Door is open, shut off ANC" wire? It may be a powered circuit, or most probably a ground circuit.
If I can find a solution to this issue, it would most likely be beneficial to others with the same issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BubbaWilkins

Reaction score
There is no "door open" circuit going to the amp. It's all software which allows a single sensor to trigger the dozens of door open conditions. Only thing I've seen that works is having the dealer disable the ANC themselves.

Itsa Hemi

Reaction score
The dealer may be my only option. I want to get as much info as I can before I go. I don't expect the service tech to know every nuance of these new trucks.
If I can garner some information that they might not have to guide them, everybody wins. I guess I'll drop it next week. I really want the ANC gone.
If that doesn't work, time to start bitching to Ram corporate..:)

Calef_HD

Reaction score
I took my truck in and had a tech go for a ride with me. I was able to demonstrate the noise I was hearing (like a 3 year old playing drums in the back seat) and show him it goes away when rolling down the window and comes right back when it’s rolled up. He was able to get Ram to send a new amp under warranty and that solved the problem. I hope your dealer will come around and work with you on this issue.

jetrinka

Reaction score
AlfaObd was able to disable mine. Wonder why yours didn’t work? Definitely noisier in my cab now. Maybe because mine is a 21?

Users who are viewing this thread