Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22’ 68RFE Pan leaking

jcwilcox86

Reaction score
I have 2500 miles on my 22’ 2500 Laramie Mega Cab and I have had a constant leak out of my Tranny pan on the rear driver corner. I’ve taken it in twice, first time they replaced the gasket and second time they replaced the pan and gasket. It’s now leaking again. I know there is a safety recall due to high pressure in transmission and having fluid leaking out of dipstick when vehicle is sitting. I’m wondering if this is also an issue. I do t like having my transmission opened up this much. Anyone else having this issue? Truck was built Sep 22’.

Blackpowder

Reaction score
At 11k local dealer replaced a shift solenoid in my tranny, which required dropping the pan. After this work it leaked in the corner. Next visit they replaced the gasket and pan, which fixed the leak. I own a 2021 3500.

Note they may spill fluid in the cross member in front of the pan when they remove the pan and drain the fluid. Fluid dripped from this cross member onto my garage floor after driving it (2-3 times). I got under the truck after each trip to wipe down and make sure there were no leaks from the pan seal. All of the fluid from the cross member eventually drained out.

I don't like having my pan removed multiple times either, and it might need to be dropped again for the recall you mention. At least the fluid is squeaky clean .

Users who are viewing this thread