Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Towing Mirror Problems

EngineCo392

Reaction score
My dealer is at a loss to solve the problem. My tow mirrors extend and retract normally. I have the mirrors programmed to two different profiles (mine & wife) without issues. When I walk up to the locked door and either using key fob or just opening door with proximity sensor the mirrors extend out approximately 2" or 1/4 of the way out. I have to push my profile to retract the mirrors.

Anyone experience this?

jsalbre

Reaction score
You’ve got a memory setting saved with them partially extended, and the key your holding is tied to that memory setting.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Occasionally, (once every month or two) when entering my 2023, I'll find my mirrors have been extended about an inch. I don't know what the cause of it is. In my case, we only ever use one of the key fobs. The other is securely stored away and is never used. Also, both memory settings have the mirrors fully retracted.

I have no idea if this is related, but my truck will also occasionally forget its memory settings. This happens with about the same frequency, (once every month or two) but not at the same time as the mirrors extending.

EngineCo392

Reaction score
One is programmed to my wife #2, and the other to me #1. I will take another look at it. I have both programmed to mirrors in.

Users who are viewing this thread