Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 RamBox availability

Crashresq21

Reaction score
Evening guys. Doing some window shopping if I decide to trade or sell my '20 3500 CC SRW Limited 6.4 in the near future.
Two things maybe the masses can clear up:
Local dealer told me the Limited trim is Cummins only, no BGE available.

Secondly, did they cut RamBox production? Seems like there's ZERO available unless it's a PW or Rebel.

My wish list is (albeit picky) a 2023 leftover or 2024 2500 crew cab, Limited or Laramie, 4x4, Rambox, Aux switches, prefer a Night Edition and Delmonico Red with the 6.4 BGE and 3.73 gears.

Thanks in advance.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
They are only available with the limited or longhorn trims. It sucks. Maybe the rebel/PW too. def no big horn Laramie or tradesmen.

Dave01

Reaction score
I don't believe he is correct about diesel only.

I'd suggest you go with 4.10 gears, I can't come up with any reason/advantage for the 3.73.

Ickabod

Reaction score
I would suggest that you order what you want. That is what I ended up doing. Going this route guarantees that you get what options you want, and don't get options you don't care for. There are several dealers on this site that offer 4% under invoice (~10% off MSRP) when you order.

mountainears

Reaction score
From what I’m seeing on the build site if you choose the Laramie then you can’t add the ram box.

If you choose the Limited or Limited Longhorn you can get the Ram box but you can only get the diesel. Seems like you have a choice to make.

jebruns

Reaction score
From what I’m seeing on the build site if you choose the Laramie then you can’t add the ram box.
My 18 2500 Laramie had Ramboxes. Not sure if it was an option on the Laramie in 22, when I ordered my Longhorn Limited 2500 with Ramboxes. I have found that there are not many trucks sitting on lots with that option. Kind of weird is a standard part of the Limited package, yet most of them come with the "rambox delete". I love mine, one of the big selling points of a Ram, at least to me. But I guess most must not want/like them.

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
I opted to delete for the larger bed and the reports on problems with them warping and not sealing well with the temperature extremes in Minnesota.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
You have to wonder what is going on with Ram that they are cutting options while raising prices. For the 2023 model you could no longer get the 6.4 Hemi in the Limited or Longhorn trim levels. For 2024 you can no longer get it in a MegaCab. And now they are also limiting which models you can get a Ram Box on. IMHO this is pathetically ridiculous! Why?! Seems to be more evidence that Stellantis is intentionally trying to kill Chrysler, Dodge and now Ram. The only division they have shown any investment in is Jeep. And even there it is questionable. All the money is going into battery electric vehicles which are only niche vehicles. So Sad!

jebruns

Reaction score
You have to wonder what is going on with Ram that they are cutting options while raising prices. For the 2023 model you could no longer get the 6.4 Hemi in the Limited or Longhorn trim levels. For 2024 you can no longer get it in a MegaCab. And now they are also limiting which models you can get a Ram Box on. IMHO this is pathetically ridiculous! Why?! Seems to be more evidence that Stellantis is intentionally trying to kill Chrysler, Dodge and now Ram. The only division they have shown any investment in is Jeep. And even there it is questionable. All the money is going into battery electric vehicles which are only niche vehicles. So Sad!
We found the same thing happening in '21 when we were shopping for a new Pacifica. Stellantis had "streamlined" the models, giving far less options for the buyer for '22. They claim it is to make manufacturing them easier. On the Pacifica, it went from some 5000 possible unique combinations to a few hundred. We were able to find a '21 with all the options the wife wanted, and so did not have to settle with a '22 that would not have been all that she wanted.

Xflight29

Reaction score
My 2020 longhorn Mega Cab has the Rambox and I have never had any issues with mine whatsoever. Everyone reads a few and I mean a few issues about warping and alignment and doesn't look at how many are out there without any issues. Everyone I have spoken too also claims they have never had an issue. Rambox and the Mega Cab are one of the main reasons I have Ram.

Crashresq21

Reaction score
John my theory is the refresh is coming so possibly they're messing with what you can and cannot get THEN when the 25s come out all will be normal again. Also possibly a supply issue and Stellanis said "ok where do they sell and what options sell the most. Design the 24 orders around that"

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
You might be onto something but I think it has more to do with stellantis being a euro company, most non-luxury euro companies have very few options like Japanese manufacturing. They set models and there are not that many work arounds. It’s far different than ford or ram used to be. No hemi for mega since they prob didn’t sell a ton. No ram boxes since they want to push you into more garbage on the truck for higher profits and easier manufacturing process.

I wanted Ram boxes but going from Laramie to longhorn would have been 8k more. I couldn’t justify better leather (covers going on anyways) and overpriced electric steps and the other extras in my eyes for 8k tool boxes. Too bad if it was a 2023 standalone option I’d get them for the $1200.

I love stellantis dividend of 6.5% yearly, love eurotrash club music, but hate euro companies and how they do things…

Crashresq21

Reaction score
You might be onto something but I think it has more to do with stellantis being a euro company, most non-luxury euro companies have very few options like Japanese manufacturing. They set models and there are not that many work arounds. It’s far different than ford or ram used to be. No hemi for mega since they prob didn’t sell a ton. No ram boxes since they want to push you into more garbage on the truck for higher profits and easier manufacturing process.

I wanted Ram boxes but going from Laramie to longhorn would have been 8k more. I couldn’t justify better leather (covers going on anyways) and overpriced electric steps and the other extras in my eyes for 8k tool boxes. Too bad if it was a 2023 standalone option I’d get them for the $1200.

I love stellantis dividend of 6.5% yearly, love eurotrash club music, but hate euro companies and how they do things…
Sucks to be picky also. I found a 22 3500 CC SRW 6.4 Rambox equipped almost PERFECT to every detail I want woth 15,000m. The Buick/GMC dealer wants $75k and I'm thinking 60-65k.
Power Wagon is my back up but no aux switches factory at all. Ugh.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Doubtful that dealer will go that low That seems expensive to me- you could order the same truck at mark dodge for less or close being brand new

jebruns

Reaction score
My 2020 longhorn Mega Cab has the Rambox and I have never had any issues with mine whatsoever. Everyone reads a few and I mean a few issues about warping and alignment and doesn't look at how many are out there without any issues. Everyone I have spoken too also claims they have never had an issue. Rambox and the Mega Cab are one of the main reasons I have Ram.
Same experience with my 18 and 22 2500's, both with Ramboxes. No leaks, no alignment issues. I was a bit worried about that when I bought my 18, after reading these Ram forums. But it is as you say, an internet worry only. In real life, I don't know anyone personally that has had any issues with them. And that includes friends in MN (I lived there for 35 years).

Dave01

Reaction score

I think you're 100% right. I totally understand from a corporate standpoint why they want fewer models, fewer options, fewer combinations. But these aren't $36,000 Euro sedans, if they want to sell $70,000 plus trucks I think they need to realize that a lot of their customers are feature enthusiasts, that want this model and that trim and these options.

Seems to me GM keeps expanding their lineup, I know a lot of trims are kind of recycled options from other trucks, but Silverado and Sierra and AT4 and Denali and Trail Boss and High Country and Elevation and RST and on and on it seems like they are giving customers a lot more choices than Ram these days.

Users who are viewing this thread