Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 MY HD Pricing Update

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well, many of you may have seen this if you go on ramtrucks.com you're going to see a big difference - the MSRP and pricing on Equipment Groups has been adjusted SIGNIFICANTLY on all 2024 MY HD trucks.
Since you can't see the old pricing to compare, I've pulled it together for your reference here. For the purpose of keeping it simple, I used just 4x4 Crewcabs, and shortbed for 2500s and longbed for 3500s. You can expect the requisite changes on differenet cab and bed configs to be arguably similar.

Now at the same time, the 10% rebate that was on-again-off-again, has been removed.
This has been replaced with traditional regional rebates and some national, with straight cash value rather than a % of MSRP.

SO IS THIS BETTER OR WORSE?
It depends not only on how many options/features were in your ideal truck - but now it ALSO depends on where you live since the new rebates are regional.
One good part is that when prices are reduced, that helps your sales tax too - since rebates do NOT reduce your tax (that's why they're a rebate not a discount).
Another good part is that you can likely get one of those nifty TDM coupons online as well, which were previously unstackable with the 10% rebate.
Chances are, if you were looking at a highly optioned Limited or Longhorn, ordering with the 10% off would have been better.
Almost all Bighorns and Tradesmans are better now, since they didn't have 10% rebate prior.
Laramies are right in the middle depends on how you had 'em built.

WILL IT GET BETTER FROM HERE?
Well, they never tell us in advance. So far this happened on March 6th and they have actually slightly increased the rebates once since then, by $1K across the board.
I would HIGHLY doubt that we get to see 10% off 2024 MY again, with the new pricing, at least not while the order banks are still open.
Last year that changeover was in mid-May, but they don't have to tell us when it's going to happen going to 2025s either.

SHOW ME THE NUMBERS ENOUGH TALKING ALREADY

1710800071161.png

Jersimon

Reaction score
Thanks for this information, but the big question…..

For those of us who ordered under the old price and got the 10% rebate, but now have a monroney sticker showing the new, lower price, what is the actual price we pay? Do we still get the 10% rebate on the new price since that’s what the sticker shows?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for this information, but the big question…..

For those of us who ordered under the old price and got the 10% rebate, but now have a monroney sticker showing the new, lower price, what is the actual price we pay? Do we still get the 10% rebate on the new price since that’s what the sticker shows?
We don't know yet - we haven't closed any transactions with individuals who ordered before the price change, but were invoiced after the price change.
I can say it seven different ways and come up with three different answers and show examples of why each way would be the result - so I'm not going to speculate yet - and definitely not publicly LOL.
I hate to be "that guy" but I'm getting hammered with this question so I will not be able to respond further publicly on that topic - will have to be case by case with each actual customer.
We will work with each individual customer to get the best scenario possible - but this is a very strange situation so I can't predict how RAM is going to handle it on their end.
This is not something any of us could have predicted at time of order, that's for sure.

Enve46

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help!

Im sure Im not the first or last person on here but I’ve been emailing with Anthony for 3+ weeks trying to figure out what to do and he’s been excellent to deal with. Highly recommend using him if anyone is looking and thinking of ordering

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
We don't know yet - we haven't closed any transactions with individuals who ordered before the price change, but were invoiced after the price change.
I can say it seven different ways and come up with three different answers and show examples of why each way would be the result - so I'm not going to speculate yet - and definitely not publicly LOL.
I hate to be "that guy" but I'm getting hammered with this question so I will not be able to respond further publicly on that topic - will have to be case by case with each actual customer.
We will work with each individual customer to get the best scenario possible - but this is a very strange situation so I can't predict how RAM is going to handle it on their end.
This is not something any of us could have predicted at time of order, that's for sure.

This reminds of a story from years ago. I was working with a partner doing some hospital security when I was stuck in custody. The dude was a bit of a player but we always had a good time working together. He had some girl show up during chow time and he took her in the radio car to grab a bite and have some fun. He came back, shared his adventure and I was like cool dude. Dumb dumb went back and told some other deputies about his adventure and they couldn’t keep it a secret so I get called in to the LT questioning me as an IA investigation. I said yea not sure I don’t remember a bunch of women come in the room, he asks well were they in uniform…no sir they wear scrubs, different outfits and I don’t ask questions who comes unless it seems like a security issue. I covered for the retard….

Point of the story is loose lips sink ships. And good things come to those who wait…I think this is one of those situations… ;)

Tell3131

Reaction score
Thanks for the information and no further comment on the pricing or rebates except for one thing. Your statement of rebates don’t reduce tax liability isn’t necessarily true. In my state it does come into play. Since the rebate is taken off the price at delivery (so let’s say 90k truck MSRP and $5000 rebate) you would only be liable for $85k price paid for the vehicle. If new MSRP for the 90k truck was reduced to 88k and no rebate you would pay tax on the 88k.

This can vary by state, so this doesn’t apply to all states but some states the rebate does come into play in what you pay in taxes.

Again, thanks for being so helpful on the forums.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This can vary by state, so this doesn’t apply to all states but some states the rebate does come into play in what you pay in taxes.
Ah you may be right here - I'm thinking of many customers who had calculated their own estimates on what they should pay for tax, and then were surprised to see it was more because the rebate hadn't reduced it - but thinking now that may very well be a difference in how each state treats the situation. one of the many reasons I don't try to quote every customers' tax/reg/title at the time of ordering, I leave that up to the pros at the end !

Tell3131

Reaction score
lol. Taxes are always a tricky thing, don’t blame you one bit. :)

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Here's an interesting look - taking a customer build from this request I was curious to how it compared to prior years ordering at the same time of year (and earlier this month).
I don't have a way to see what the rebates were at time of order in March 2021/2022 but I can't imagine it was very much, so I'll just assume TDM only.

We're better off than we were last year same time, and within real striking distance to March 2022.

2021 MY2022 MY2023 MY2024 MY2024 MY
3/1/2021​
3/17/2022​
3/3/2023​
3/5/2024​
3/20/2024​
3500 Limited Crew 4x4
66585​
73585​
78,370​
81,770​
77,625​
Cummins SO Diesel
9400​
9595​
9,695​
9,795​
9,795​
Pearl White
100​
100​
200​
245​
245​
Sunroof
1195​
1195​
1,195​
1,195​
1,195​
Air Suspension
1705​
1705​
1,705​
1,705​
1,705​
5th Wheel Prep
530​
545​
545​
545​
545​
Snow Chief
255​
255​
605​
505​
505​
Night
995​
1295​
2,505​
2,605​
2,605​
Level 1
4085​
4630​
6,930​
7,030​
3,030​
Destination
1695​
1695​
1,895​
1,995​
1,995​
MSRP TOTAL
86,545​
94,600​
103,645​
107,390​
99,245​
MINUS REBATE-1000-1000-1000
-10,739​
-2,000​
MARK DODGE DISCOUNT
-8,655​
-10,170​
-11,919​
-11,276​
-10,917​
MD TOTAL
76,891​
83,431​
90,726​
85,375​
86,328​

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Slightly better in a few areas, as t least it didn't get worse like the 1500s. No news on 25s but that wouldn't be this meeting it would more likely be in the allocation/supply call which is next week. This one was more rah rah sales strategy incentives and end of quarter reporting.

gun_138

Reaction score
When I placed the order the MSRP was $90,634 weeks later the tracker lets me view my window sticker. The new MSRP is $81,300. I am seeing this $1,000 Bonus cash on the ram website, but the dealer is telling me that I can’t add this because they already dropped the window sticker and I told him that this is cash back from FCA not from the dealership. Anyone have any insight I’m about to head over there in an hour.

Attachments

• IMG_9979.png
    IMG_9979.png
    383.3 KB · Views: 7

dreamalaska

Reaction score
When I placed the order the MSRP was $90,634 weeks later the tracker lets me view my window sticker. The new MSRP is $81,300. I am seeing this $1,000 Bonus cash on the ram website, but the dealer is telling me that I can’t add this because they already dropped the window sticker and I told him that this is cash back from FCA not from the dealership. Anyone have any insight I’m about to head over there in an hour.
Any updates?

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Slightly better in a few areas, as t least it didn't get worse like the 1500s. No news on 25s but that wouldn't be this meeting it would more likely be in the allocation/supply call which is next week. This one was more rah rah sales strategy incentives and end of quarter reporting.

Any updates from the supply call meeting on the 2025s?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Any updates from the supply call meeting on the 2025s?
No mention of 25s for HDs on this one. They don't ALWAYS tell us in advance when model year is closing, but I'd say 75% of the time they do.
It is the last of model year for COMPASS and HORNET for those of you looking for something to put in the bed of the truck though :)

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
No mention of 25s for HDs on this one. They don't ALWAYS tell us in advance when model year is closing, but I'd say 75% of the time they do.
It is the last of model year for COMPASS and HORNET for those of you looking for something to put in the bed of the truck though :)
Maybe there is a chance that 2025 won't be a change over and they will move it to 2026.

I wouldn't wish either of those 2 dogs on a friend, lol...

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Can you explain to me how this works? So if for instance I wanted the Ram 2500 Laramie Crew in the Northeast, it should theoretically be $4k off the 2024 MSRP whereas y'all would only be able to get $1k off from Stellantis?
Rebates are based on where YOU live the customer, not where the dealer is.
If you live in the Northeast and were buying from a dealer in the Northeast, you'd get a measely dealer discount of about a dollar or so, and then the $4K rebates. (I'm only slightly joking).
If you live in the Northeast and were buying from a dealership in the Southwest, like Mark Dodge, you'd get 11% discount (on an order) from the dealership, PLUS your $4K in Northeast rebates.
If you lived in Louisiana and were buying from Mark Dodge, you'd get 11% dscount but only $1K in rebates.

Hey just to make it more confusing, but better for the customer - IF the rebates were higher at the time of delivery, you'd get THOSE rebates instead of the day of order - you choose whichever one is best.

Reaction score
Rebates are based on where YOU live the customer, not where the dealer is.
If you live in the Northeast and were buying from a dealer in the Northeast, you'd get a measely dealer discount of about a dollar or so, and then the $4K rebates. (I'm only slightly joking).
If you live in the Northeast and were buying from a dealership in the Southwest, like Mark Dodge, you'd get 11% discount (on an order) from the dealership, PLUS your $4K in Northeast rebates.
If you lived in Louisiana and were buying from Mark Dodge, you'd get 11% dscount but only $1K in rebates.

Hey just to make it more confusing, but better for the customer - IF the rebates were higher at the time of delivery, you'd get THOSE rebates instead of the day of order - you choose whichever one is best.

Actually a great explanation and I appreciate you explaining it to me like I were a five year old because i basically am.

Users who are viewing this thread