Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Less than 200 miles leaking transfer case and squealing on startup

JStone93

Reaction score
Bought a new 2024 with 20 miles on it, Saturday 4/6/2024, left the dealership at 6:20pm with no issues (after their inspection I might add), and drove home approximately 40 miles. Got in it Sunday evening to go to church and on startup it began to squeal terribly. Drove it to church and after parking noticed that the squealing had lessened significantly. Got in to drive home after church and the same thing occurred. Took it back to the dealership Monday morning disgusted, asked that they please look at the vehicle to figure out the problem. They were kind enough to give me a loaner which, I am still driving by the way, because the truck is still in the shop. They found the issue to be the belt tensioner and pulley, but while there, they also noticed what they claimed to be a transmission leak. Upon further inspection 3 days later they concluded that the transfer case was leaking due to a bad seal. Parts will not be in until next week sometime. Needless to say, I am beyond frustrated and am totally blown away at the level of incompetence of these manufacturers and the apparent greed that eats them alive. No pride in what they are building and selling, just get it to the public we have to sell as many as possible for astronomical prices no less. Seems to be no quality control anymore because there is no accountability for the (crap) they are building and selling to the people.

Is anybody else having issues like this with these brand-new trucks?

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
There have been several people here with the Transfer Case seal leaking on their new 23-24 trucks with low miles, myself included at 420 miles. Free Warranty repair.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Bought a new 2024 with 20 miles on it, Saturday 4/6/2024, left the dealership at 6:20pm with no issues (after their inspection I might add), and drove home approximately 40 miles. Got in it Sunday evening to go to church and on startup it began to squeal terribly. Drove it to church and after parking noticed that the squealing had lessened significantly. Got in to drive home after church and the same thing occurred. Took it back to the dealership Monday morning disgusted, asked that they please look at the vehicle to figure out the problem. They were kind enough to give me a loaner which, I am still driving by the way, because the truck is still in the shop. They found the issue to be the belt tensioner and pulley, but while there, they also noticed what they claimed to be a transmission leak. Upon further inspection 3 days later they concluded that the transfer case was leaking due to a bad seal. Parts will not be in until next week sometime. Needless to say, I am beyond frustrated and am totally blown away at the level of incompetence of these manufacturers and the apparent greed that eats them alive. No pride in what they are building and selling, just get it to the public we have to sell as many as possible for astronomical prices no less. Seems to be no quality control anymore because there is no accountability for the (crap) they are building and selling to the people.

Is anybody else having issues like this with these brand-new trucks?
It's regretful to hear that this has been your experience. However, we are happy to hear that you were proactive in scheduling an appointment with your dealership. If you would like assistance during your servicing, our team would be more than happy to help. Just send us a private message with details of your situation, as well as the location of your dealership. We do our best to support you.

Chris,
Ram Cares

JStone93

Reaction score
There have been several people here with the Transfer Case seal leaking on their new 23-24 trucks with low miles, myself included at 420 miles. Free Warranty repair.
Appreciate the response. Definitely covered under warranty, it's just frustrating to have to deal with this on a new truck. We buy new instead of used to keep from having these issues and then we still have them.

Haven't had any issues since yours has been repaired?

Users who are viewing this thread