Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 compatibility to 2022

Whiskyman

Reaction score
I have a 2022 tradesman, with 360°cameras,and 4 external cameras on my trailer, I'm considering upgrading to a 2023,2024 larimie or limited is it safe to say, my trailer cameras won't be compatible?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have a 2022 tradesman, with 360°cameras,and 4 external cameras on my trailer, I'm considering upgrading to a 2023,2024 larimie or limited is it safe to say, my trailer cameras won't be compatible?
Hard to say for the 24 they very well could be but
The 23 should be the same @Jimmy07 may know forsure

mountainears

Reaction score
I would hope they are looking at moving to wireless cameras (I think Ford has?). Regardless, I don’t think folks here can make a prediction you can take to the bank. We have seen them pull features Ana’s change things without notice. You should just plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I would hope they are looking at moving to wireless cameras (I think Ford has?). Regardless, I don’t think folks here can make a prediction you can take to the bank. We have seen them pull features Ana’s change things without notice. You should just plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I would hate to have wireless cameras they are not all they are cracked up to be i have had expensive ones and they were just a PITA and they were not clear images

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
AFAIK, the 360° kit should work, the 22 tow mode digital camera will NOT work on 23+.

I suppose if you wanted to play it safe and order a new camera kit, you shouldn't have any trouble reselling either kit, they go pretty quick here.

mountainears

Reaction score
I would hate to have wireless cameras they are not all they are cracked up to be i have had expensive ones and they were just a PITA and they were not clear images

It is possible to do it well, especially if they do a hybrid wired / wireless system. Metal trailers can be a real problem with wireless signals.

I absolutely prefer wired cameras, all my security cameras at my house are wired. I just think for large manufacturers they don’t care about that quality and think that it will be easier to sell wireless systems by pushing that the installation will be easier.

Personally I wish the auto manufacturers would standardize on a wired protocol and then just let trailer manufacturers sell universal camera systems as add-on when purchasing trailers. And of course it would open it up to 3rd party sales of camera systems.

Whiskyman

Reaction score
It is possible to do it well, especially if they do a hybrid wired / wireless system. Metal trailers can be a real problem with wireless signals.

I absolutely prefer wired cameras, all my security cameras at my house are wired. I just think for large manufacturers they don’t care about that quality and think that it will be easier to sell wireless systems by pushing that the installation will be easier.

Personally I wish the auto manufacturers would standardize on a wired protocol and then just let trailer manufacturers sell universal camera systems as add-on when purchasing trailers. And of course it would open it up to 3rd party sales of camera systems.

Good to have a dream on the standard hook up, kinda like cell phone charging ports?

mountainears

Reaction score
Well that’s getting closer to reality. Universal cameras will likely never happen, unfortunately wireless probably will.

Users who are viewing this thread