Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 6.4 hemi trim levels

Whiskyman

Reaction score
hello,I hope this is a ok place for this post/question.i am aware that for a year or 2,you could not get a 6.4 hemi in a 3500 limited,
Now I'm being told I can't order a 2024 3500 6.4 in a larimie either.wth? Anyone know if this is a temporary situation?
I don't need the diesel

1stindoor

Reaction score
I can't swear to it, but I don't beleive the 3500s come in a 6.4 in the '23 or '24s.

Whiskyman

Reaction score
I can't swear to it, but I don't beleive the 3500s come in a 6.4 in the '23 or '24s.
I have a 22 treadesmen with the 6.4, I don't understand their reasoning, they don't put.6.4 in chargers,or challengers, should have plenty

1stindoor

Reaction score
I don't understand why they do the things they do...that goes for all the manufacturers. Used to be you could go into the dealership and order it just the way you wanted it. Now if you pick a certain seat configuration you're stuck with a specific stereo and paint package.

1stindoor

Reaction score
I stand corrected. I just went to the Ram site and tried to build a '23 3500. You can still get a Laramie with the 6.4. Limitied and above it's the diesel.

Whiskyman

Reaction score
I stand corrected. I just went to the Ram site and tried to build a '23 3500. You can still get a Laramie with the 6.4. Limitied and above it's the diesel.
Yes, on the ram site it's available, but not on actual dealer build/order

Firebird

Reaction score
My dealer has a 23 Laramie dually 6.4 with 3.73 gears, and can't sell it.

Whiskyman

Reaction score

NewRamTrucker

Reaction score
That's strange. I know the ram website won't let you configure a '24 limited with the 6.4, but my dealer ordered me one. It's scheduled for delivery next week. Unless something has changed since I put my order in on 6/1.
This is from the VIN decoder for my VIN:

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 5.53.19 PM.png

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, on the ram site it's available, but not on actual dealer build/order

The Ram dealer bullied sheets do have 6.4’s Hemi’s on Tradesman-Laramie 3500’s for 2023, just not on Longhorn or Limited trims. There is no trim above limited.

That's strange. I know the ram website won't let you configure a '24 limited with the 6.4, but my dealer ordered me one. It's scheduled for delivery next week. Unless something has changed since I put my order in on 6/1.

View attachment 63153

The dealer build sheets have shown the Hemi on all trims Tradesman - Laramie for ‘24, but they have been able to be ordered as you proved. The build and price website is notorious for errors. It never showed the configuration/packages I have for my 22 as an option, but it was easy to order.

Bottom line is that the only thing that can be “trusted” is the dealer order software, even the order guides can be wrong as things change.

Last edited:

Whiskyman

Reaction score

View attachment 63153
Im guessing, your order wasnt a dually?

Whiskyman

Reaction score
The Ram dealer bullied sheets do have 6.4’s Hemi’s on Tradesman-Laramie 3500’s for 2023, just not on Longhorn or Limited trims. There is no trim above limited.

The dealer build sheets have shown the Hemi on all trims Tradesman - Laramie for ‘24, but they have been able to be ordered as you proved. The build and price website is notorious for errors. It never showed the configuration/packages I have for my 22 as an option, but it was easy to order.

Bottom line is that the only thing that can be “trusted” is the dealer order software, even the order guides can be wrong as things change.
So far ive asked 2 different dealers, 1 in indiana,1 in north carolina, both said no hemi in 2024 dually 4x4 larimie, it might just be a temporary thing idk?

Users who are viewing this thread