Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 with NO TPMS

JBoo2911

Reaction score
My Ram 5500 SLT Cab Chassis does not have TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). I was pretty annoyed after getting the truck to find this feature was missing in my ‘23. But my brothers ‘22 Ram 2500 Tradesmen has it.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Everything above a 2500 has Tire Pressure Information System (TPIS) instead of TPMS. It's the same thing, but doesn't alert on low pressures. you can change between the two with AlfaOBD if you so choose.

JBoo2911

Reaction score
Everything above a 2500 has Tire Pressure Information System (TPIS) instead of TPMS. It's the same thing, but doesn't alert on low pressures. you can change between the two with AlfaOBD if you so choose.

o ok, cool. But what is AlfaOBD?

jsalbre

Reaction score
o ok, cool. But what is AlfaOBD?
It’s a program for making configuration changes on Stellantis/FCA/etc vehicles.

It’s useful for things like I mentioned above, as well as for adding features your truck didn’t come with, recalibrating for tire size or axle ratio changes, and a whole host of other things.

See the thread here for more info on what you can do with it:

Cynicated

Reaction score
@JBoo2911 - Did you get this figured out? I have a 2022 5500 and have no screen showing tire pressures, though I thought this was a standard feature on the SLT trim level.

JBoo2911

Reaction score
I was under the impression my SLT would have TPMS as well. We don’t, as a hot shot driver having this feature sure would of been nice!

Cynicated

Reaction score
According to this we have TPIS (which is basically TPMS without a warning chime if there's an issue) as a factory option. This doesn't seem true though as I have no tire information screen.

g00fy

Reaction score
According to this we have TPIS (which is basically TPMS without a warning chime if there's an issue) as a factory option. This doesn't seem true though as I have no tire information screen.
Yea on my 2019 5500 there's no Tire Info Screen either.

g00fy

Reaction score
My brother just bought a 2022 Ram 2500 Tradesmen and his truck has TPMS tho…. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure everything considered a consumer vehicle is supposed to have it by law. I don't think the commercial cab & chassis are required to have it.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Can the 2500s switch from TPMS to TPIS?

I seem to remember seeing that you cannot switch 2500s but not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread