Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 with Cummins SO & Transmission Recall???

Ram Tuff Fred

Reaction score
Anyone know if the 2023 trucks with the Cummins SO engine have had the transmission recall issue resolved prior to production? Or will the dealers not be able to sell them either once the trucks get to their lot.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Do you have your truck yet? If the dipstick is a black/locking lever its had it done. If its a yellow ring it hasn't

jetrinka

Reaction score
See post 26 on this thread

Ram Tuff Fred

Reaction score
No don't have truck yet. Supposedly to be shipped soon but who knows. Was just wondering if they'll be able to sell the 2023's once they get there. Time will tell. Their "fix" seems to be more of a band-aid than a fix. LOL

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
No don't have truck yet. Supposedly to be shipped soon but who knows. Was just wondering if they'll be able to sell the 2023's once they get there. Time will tell. Their "fix" seems to be more of a band-aid than a fix. LOL
Perhaps if you dont know what you are talking about then sure it looks like a “band-aid”. The issue is the vent getting plugged up as it was sitting right against the trans case and easy to accumulate debris they have fixed that issue now the vent is extended where it wont be as able to get plugged with mud and dirt and the new dipstick is a just incase backup…

Wayne007

Reaction score
Perhaps if you dont know what you are talking about then sure it looks like a “band-aid”. The issue is the vent getting plugged up as it was sitting right against the trans case and easy to accumulate debris they have fixed that issue now the vent is extended where it wont be as able to get plugged with mud and dirt and the new dipstick is a just incase backup…
The mechanic at my dealership said the new dipstick not only has the lock but is shorter so it will be impossible to check your tranny fluid level. Not sure I like that. Anyone have any experience with this?

flan

Reaction score
The mechanic at my dealership said the new dipstick not only has the lock but is shorter so it will be impossible to check your tranny fluid level. Not sure I like that. Anyone have any experience with this?
It’s true. Either snag your old one before pulling in the bay or ask your service advisor to keep the old one. Without it, the only way to check your fill will be to buy one new.

DougFelts

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by the advice to keep my old dipstick...
If the fix includes a SHORTER tube, so that it doesn't have the risk of transmission fluid flowing out the tube and dripping on the engine, then won't my OLD dipstick just be too long to be any help?

flan

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by the advice to keep my old dipstick...
If the fix includes a SHORTER tube, so that it doesn't have the risk of transmission fluid flowing out the tube and dripping on the engine, then won't my OLD dipstick just be too long to be any help?
They don’t change the tube, just the dipstick.

Users who are viewing this thread