Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Rebel 2500 Issues

Johnny5

Reaction score
Placed an order for a 2023 Rebel 2500 Diesel. Took delivery in March and have had a series of problems with the truck.

1. Truck seems to struggle starting, per the dealer, Chrysler says less than 3 seconds to start is normal. This thing takes all of 3 seconds to start. Its so bad I constantly have people asking me what's wrong with my truck? Or, are your batteries going bad?
2. I had a rattle noise coming from inside the cab since I took delivery. Truck spent about 10 days in the shop and the dealer was able to figure out that sheet metal screws holding front panels together were stripped and not seated correctly which was causing the noise inside the cab.
3. Driver side mirror, this mirror makes noises when it opens, closes, extends. It seems as though its on the verge of getting stuck and recently it has started leaking some type of yellowish fluid down the side of my truck which is white in color. Had it in the shop a couple of times for the mirrors.
4. Driver side window, makes a screeching noise when going up, had into the dealer for this several times and it keeps coming back.
5. Uconnect system - slow, constantly disconnecting and has locked up a numerous times.
6. Steering wheel controls stopped working completely and main cluster which is digital froze up, everything froze including the speedo, gauges, everything. Powered cycled the truck and got the speedo back, had to do this twice but still had frozen steering wheel controls. Took to dealer, they said they reset the steering wheel module and fixed it. Let the truck sit overnight and the truck was completely dead. Came back and said they figured it out, the bed lights were drawing the battery down, turned them off and fixed the issue. I said no, the truck is suppose to have a timeout feature, after 8 minutes the bed lights should turn off to save battery. For some reason my timeout feature is not working and is killing my batteries. They also said my dash cam which is plugged into the 12v socket was drawing power after the truck was off??? I said, that is odd because no power should be provided to the 12v when the truck is off and I have never seen a situation when a tiny dashcam is pulling power. Not sure what the situation is with the electrical but it seems there are gremlins with the electronics that are unresolved. My truck has been in the shop for the past 10 days with an electrical issue that is draining batteries and the dealer is saying its the bed lights and the dash cam (not hard wired)? Which makes no sense why those two items would be drawing power when the truck is off.

In total my truck has been in the shop for close to 30 days. I have owned it for 5 months.

The dealer stated that I should contact Ram customer service. I did, but nothing so far except for an email where the rep said "we tried to call you", no they didn't.

At this point, I have requested a buy back.

Anyone else have similar issues?

flan

Reaction score
Must of been built on a Monday. That is quite the laundry list of problems.

Users who are viewing this thread