Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SeanA

Reaction score
Hello all, I just recently purchased my '23 Ram 3500 dually. I have seen many threads discussing the topic but none with a clear solution. I tow two trailers right now (7x14 cargo and 7x16 bumper tow dump) and will be adding a 40' toyhauler 5th wheel soon. I would like to add the trailer tire pressure monitoring system, the digital rear view mirror and trailer cameras (surround or single). I could really use some help!

First, the trailer tire pressure monitoring system. I have seen the post regarding adding this. I looked behind the rear bumper close to the license plate bracket and found the connector. I have not yet pulled my rear seat and rear wall panel to look there. I just ordered an OBD Genie Security Gateway Bypass Module, a OBDLink EX USB device, and the AlfaOBD software (both Windows PC and Android versions). What process do I need to follow to activate this feature? (step by step if somebody has done this please)

Next, I found the digital rearview mirror kit available from Infotainment. However their kit does not include any trailer connector just the center mounted third brake light. I would like to add the rear bumper receptacle (the single one to the left of the rear license plate) to be able to add a camera on the rear of the trailers to display on the mirror when towing. I found a Mopar instructions for a chassis cab vehicle (link below), where it connects to a cable coming through the rear wall of the cab.

Finally, trailer cameras. What is going on with these?! My parts guy at the dealer told me there are none available at any local dealer or the "warehouse" currently. Has anybody figured out a way to add aftermarket cameras?

I love my new truck and I got a better deal on it sitting on a lot than ordering one and waiting, just these couple little features would improve my trailer towing experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

z06psi

Reaction score
So I have a 2023 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited so very similar trucks.

I tow a 42' 5th wheel and this is how I went.

The RAM TPMS only does pressure. Not temperature. I went with Tire Minder which shows both.

For cameras. I went with a BT Halo system on a bullet proof mount in the dash pocket. The BT Halo has up to 4 cameras.

1. back of the 5th wheel
2. Left side of trailer
3. Right side of trailer
4. Mounted to a tool box under the Backflip MX4 pointed at the gooseneck ball (I have a GenY setup on my 5'er)

This setup does not get in the way of anything on the truck and everything is easy to manage while towing.

Users who are viewing this thread