Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 RAM 2500 Tow Mode Camera Fix & Installation

Radiometer1

Reaction score
I’m posting my experience with the Tow Mode Camera in hopes that it will help others on this forum.

I have a 2023 RAM 2500 RAM Limited equipped with the Digital Rear View Mirror (DRVM) & the round connector for the Tow Mode Camera. It didn’t come with the Tow Mode Camera, but I got one from Jimmy07. It should have been plug ‘n play, but initially it didn’t work when plugged into the round connector at the rear bumper.
IMG_2255 - resized.jpg
With the help of Jimmy07 and CortexM0, I determined the camera worked when plugged directly into the DVRM module under the drivers seat which indicated there was a disconnect between the DVRM module & the connector at the rear bumper. I found 2 terminated/plugged Fakra connectors under the truck bed which were hanging loose. They were initially ~1/2” too far apart to be connected, so I removed the clip securing at the Fakra connector inside the cabin behind the drivers side rear passenger seat. This provided enough slack to plug in the connectors. The cabin connector was now unsecured & hanging loose, so I wrapped it in pipe foam insulation & electric tape to prevent it from rattling. The Tow Mode Camera then worked when plugged in at the rear bumper!

Location of Disconnected Fakra Connectors Under Truck Bed
Fakra Connector Location.jpgIMG_2347 - resized.jpgIMG_2348 - resized.jpgIMG_2352 - resized.jpg

Fakra Connector in Cabin Behind Drivers Side Rear Passenger Seat
2024.03.05 - Airport CDJR - Fakra Connector-1b.jpgIMG_2358 - resized.jpgIMG_2359 - resized.jpg

I wasn’t able to find much help online on how to mount the Tow Mode Camera specifically on a travel trailer, so I took pictures & videos of the install on my 2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH & uploaded them to the following Amazon Photos link:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/NkBZxkCiQmCpu_lE-uvQtg.T-A3fJx7Uzne0I_QSQvaI8

Attachments

• 2024.03.05 - Airport CDJR - Fakra Connector-1a.jpg
    2024.03.05 - Airport CDJR - Fakra Connector-1a.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Nice work! One of these days (if I ever find a job again) I'll get around to installing the DRVM that I was told my truck would come with.

Users who are viewing this thread