Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram 2500 Split Screen Tow Mode camera

Ziggy

Reaction score
I have searched through every thread concerning all the camera options and part numbers, but cannot find anything for the camera that connects to the coax port on the left side of the license plate. The 12 pin is on the right, which is used for the aux backup camera. The coax is used to display on the digital mirror full time so you can see behind you while you drive, and it will split the screen with the external side mirror cameras as well.

Where can I find the camera kit for the trailer and what is the part number. Of course, assuming that if even exists yet.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
You can't find it unfortunately. They've never released it for sale.

Last edited:

popeye2002

Reaction score
Not cheap but I'm sooo glad I ordered the tow cam with my rig. Love it.

Do your homework here, mine came with my truck but this looks just like what I got.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Not cheap but I'm sooo glad I ordered the tow cam with my rig. Love it. I believe you are looking for this

Back Up Camera Kit - Mopar (68527599AA)​

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-back-up-camera-kit-68527599aa

Do your homework here, mine came with my truck but this looks just like what I got.

The 2022 camera is not compatible with the 2023 trucks.

This document discusses the incompatibility and the part numbers.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input, and AH64ID provided the specs and part number I was searching for! Now, if I can just actually find one.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input, and AH64ID provided the specs and part number I was searching for! Now, if I can just actually find one.

Good luck, I haven’t heard of anyone being able to source one for the 23’s yet. Keep an eye out in classifieds for someone selling one that came with their 23.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Good luck, I haven’t heard of anyone being able to source one for the 23’s yet. Keep an eye out in classifieds for someone selling one that came with their 23.
Appreciate your help. You arent a former Apache jockey, are you?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice! I was with the 82nd, what a great life, I still miss those years.

Nice!!! 82nd replaced us in Afghanistan in 07. I'm currently flying 60L/M's and just got back from the C-12 course, it still can be pretty fun but I could go for another chapter in life.

phatboy64

Reaction score

phatboy64

Reaction score
So are you selling the camera for the 2023 model? Clearly I cant use the guys camera you posted the link to.
Sorry no I am not selling it. I just posted it to validate the PN. Sorry for the confusion

Users who are viewing this thread