Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Power Wagon Rebel $90K

jacku

Reaction score
Can you believe a 2023 PW here in TN is over $90K? Guess I'll be keeping my 2021 PW and be happy.

1682177819381.png

Great Pumpkin

Reaction score
That caught me, I didn’t know there was a Power Wagon Rebel, that might be a reason for a price bump with the Cummins in it. But it isn’t quite a Power Wagon but maybe a small step below a Power Wagon capability.
Power Wagon Rebel article

Last edited:

jacku

Reaction score
That caught me, I didn’t know there was a Power Wagon Rebel, that might be a reason for a price bump with the Cummins in it. But it isn’t quite a Power Wagon but maybe a small step below a Power Wagon capability.
Power Wagon article
That's what has me confused. They are calling it a Power Wagon Rebel with a Cummins in it. I'm thinking someone mislabeled it. Not to mention the price.

IPASooner

Reaction score
My Rebel stickered at 88 and it’s a Hemi. I of course didn’t pay anywhere near that.

The window sticker and build sheet all say Power Wagon on them. The Rebel is basically a sub-trim on the PW.View attachment 55560

It looks like your sticker says front and rear locks...I thought the Rebel only came with a rear locker. Can you confirm your truck has both front and rear lockers?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So if you get the "Rebel" option PW, it removes the front locker.
If you Opt for the diesel does it remove the 12K Warn winch?

So what about the truck still makes it a PW if you've removed the things that are specific to the PW?

jsalbre

Reaction score

So what about the truck still makes it a PW if you've removed the things that are specific to the PW?
The rear axle locker/limited slip, the standard manual shifted transfer case, the wiring harnesses that stop you from getting aux switches and a winch at the same time, the grille, the powder coated bumpers, the fender flares, the optional factory rock rails, etc.

The only differences are springs, front locker, and sway bar.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
To be real, if you're not dead set on getting the Cummins then it's better to just get the full Power Wagon. The biggest difference from 2022 PW and 2023 PW is that you get the LCD gauge cluster, new style of tow mirrors and new style hood. You are excluded from the factory rock sliders and 75A "bead-lock capable" wheels.

el_barto

Reaction score
The rear axle locker/limited slip, the standard manual shifted transfer case, the wiring harnesses that stop you from getting aux switches and a winch at the same time, the grille, the powder coated bumpers, the fender flares, the optional factory rock rails, etc.

The only differences are springs, front locker, and sway bar.
And no articulink on the rebel

jsalbre

Reaction score
And no articulink on the rebel
Whoops, forgot that one.

Honestly though, while I’m extremely happy with my Rebel if I were to do it over again I may just have ordered a PW and swap the Rebel springs in.

jenninr

Reaction score
Isn't the Rebel the same height as a normal truck too instead of having the lift of the Power Wagon? At this point I think of the Rebel as a normal 2500 with the Off Road package with an added locker, a fuel tank skid plate, and an appearance package. The winch is optional with the Hemi. Like others have said if I were ordering and wanted the Hemi I would get the Power Wagon and add air bags or swap springs. If you get a Hemi Rebel with the winch the price is higher than a Power Wagon since you are forced to buy the "optional" 20" wheels. I was actually looking forward to the new Rebel when they first announced it but the pricing model absolutely kills it for me.

dmhines

Reaction score

Winch is a $2500 option on Hemi or Diesel Rebel - not standard. The Rebel is just a regular 2500 with off-road package and rear locker.

dmhines

Reaction score
Then why do they call it a Power Wagon Rebel?
Marketing ? And to add the winch you need to add either level 1 or level 2. It’s insane. Power Wagon a much better deal financially than a Rebel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread