Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Power Wagon - desertfox73 Build

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Ordered the truck in December, had it shipped straight from the dealer to my shop in Ohio. First phase of the build is nearly complete, I should be getting the truck in a couple of days. Mod list is:
  • Carli Dominator full suspension with R2 high capacity coils
  • Thuren rear track bar
  • CJC fog light (sport amber), CJC intercooler guard
  • Trail Ready 20x9.5 simulated beadlock wheels (5.5” bs)
  • Nitto Trail Grappler 38x13.50 r20
  • PSC steering box and Ram assist
  • Factor 55 Flatlink XXL/fairlead/rope guard
  • Ty Vole front wheel well trim kit
  • Nuthouse Industries full extension aluminum, 1000# capacity bed slide with cutout for ARB Elements fridge
  • Nuthouse Industries aluminum coiling cover
Next set of mods will focus on lighting, power steps (this is a TALL truck), bed rack and rooftop tent.

Mark Dodge was great to work with on the purchase, the $9k savings off of MSRP allowed me to put more into the build to get the outcome I wanted.

Nuthouse Industries (Ohio) is completing the big work, they are a top-notch fabrication and installation shop with a lot of experience building and wheeling their own rigs. I’ve worked with them on several trucks before for bed racks, slides and bed covers, this is the first time I’ve had them do the suspension and other Work. I can’t say enough about their work.

The wait has been long, but it’s almost here…will update when I finally have a chance to drive it.

Attachments

• ecf43d884b0149a0b8a195909e5c8ff7.jpeg
    ecf43d884b0149a0b8a195909e5c8ff7.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 88
  • imagejpeg_1.jpeg
    imagejpeg_1.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 94
  • imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 92
  • imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 92

Buckeye6.4

Reaction score
Bad ass truck! I live 15 min from that place so gonna have to check it out sometime. Nice to see some local shops that do that type of work around here.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
What was this truck built for? This isn't your average Thuren leveled mall crawler.
Mostly built for desert and other trails (I don't plan to rock crawl, although it should do that without any real problem). I have a hard time slowing down on dirt roads, and wanted to make sure I had something that would soak up the terrain and stay planted.

Bed rack and RTT will go on this fall, which is why I decided to go with the R2 coils. In the meantime, I expect the rear to ride a little stiff (though should be less so than stock).

The idea was to replace my PXL with something that made improvements in areas where I thought the PXL was lacking. The hard part about the PXL is once you commit to that system - especially up front where the axle is relocated - you're stuck with their components unless you pull it all out and start over.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Bad ass truck! I live 15 min from that place so gonna have to check it out sometime. Nice to see some local shops that do that type of work around here.
Thanks! Nuthouse is phenomenal, their work is the best I've come across. Their fabrication skills are incredible. Photos of the slide and Rambox-compatible coiling cover:

Attachments

• Nuthouse 4.jpg
    Nuthouse 4.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Nuthouse 5.jpg
    Nuthouse 5.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Nuthouse 6.jpg
    Nuthouse 6.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 45

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, they have an open house tomorrow, you should stop by to check out their shop and meet them. They'll have some sales going on too, and my truck will be there.

Buckeye6.4

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, they have an open house tomorrow, you should stop by to check out their shop and meet them. They'll have some sales going on too, and my truck will be there.
I might just do that. If I can get away for a few it would be nice to check it out. What are the times for the open house? I looked on the website but didn’t see anything.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
All wrapped up, parked next to the shop owner’s PXL. Think I need some steps.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_1.jpeg
    imagejpeg_1.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 64
  • imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    337.1 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread