Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Order Restrictions/Problems?

Desertfox73

Reaction score
I know there's a thread about 2023 orders in general, but I thought I would create this one to specifically discuss any restrictions or issues people are running into when trying to order. The banks opened a few days ago, but there still seem to be some big hiccups.

In my case, my dealer is unable to build what I created online - a monotone Patriot Blue truck. The only monotone paint option it allows for is Black. All two-tone paint colors can be selected. He's telling me that it's common for the online build tool and the actual order form to differ, but given that Ram literally just launched the 2023 online build tools, it seems weird to me that they would have an entire feature on there (monotone paint in several colors) that can't actually be ordered.

Here's my build, which as configured cannot be currently ordered according to my sales rep: https://www.ramtrucks.com/bmo.ram_2...5,ANT,RCA,LSA,DK3,CLE,GWA,MT8,M5W,XB9,UBQ,XMF

My dealer said there are some restrictions on ordering the truck right now, but didn't elaborate on what those were. Maybe monotone paint is something they'll enable soon? In his ordering system, the Power Wagon is highlighted in red, which he says means there are some restrictions.

I have no idea if he isn't getting information from Ram, or if he's just not aware of it. Somewhere there seems to be a communication breakdown.

Are others running into issues with ordering their PW?

jenninr

Reaction score
I don't know who your dealer is but I would run your build past one of the folks at Mark Dodge (or one of the other volume dealers that are mentioned a lot here) and just see what they say. They order a ton of trucks and seem to have the system and it's quicks figures out and there have been several instances where other dealers reported that something couldn't be ordered but they had no trouble just because they know how to use the system and are more willing to put in the effort to deal with the issues than some dealers. I'm not saying that that is definitely the case here but it doesn't hurt to doublecheck.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
I don't know who your dealer is but I would run your build past one of the folks at Mark Dodge (or one of the other volume dealers that are mentioned a lot here) and just see what they say. They order a ton of trucks and seem to have the system and it's quicks figures out and there have been several instances where other dealers reported that something couldn't be ordered but they had no trouble just because they know how to use the system and are more willing to put in the effort to deal with the issues than some dealers. I'm not saying that that is definitely the case here but it doesn't hurt to doublecheck.
Thanks - they ran into the same issue, but she felt more confident it would be remedied at some point during the ordering process - she said she would reach out to Stellantis to get it sorted out. Plus, the Mark Dodge price is about $5k lower than locally, since my local dealer is no longer offering 6% below invoice as they had previously promised. The difference would more than cover shipping From Louisiana.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread