Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Koons Factory Order Review

Mikerob14

Reaction score
RE deposit: What does the paperwork regarding the deposit say? Non refundable, refundable, refundable if certain conditions are met?
Most likely non refundable… I had to sign a non refundable from Koons when I ordered. Luckily, they were offering a $500 deposit instead of $1000, so if things start going sideways I will walk away from the deal and order from MD. I’m already on the fence with them, hearing the bad so far. I have not experienced anything negative so far, but at first sign of mischief I’m likely to walk away.

44Dan44

Reaction score
As mentioned in other threads, likely not an enforceable agreement, state law prevails.
Image 5-13-23 at 5.06 PM.jpg

Kingland

Reaction score
Its pretty clear, not refundable.

Attachments

• 20230514_091301.jpg
    20230514_091301.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230514_091444.jpg
    20230514_091444.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 25

Mikerob14

Reaction score
I think what he’s saying is that legally it is not a binding contract. So you could get that back even if you walk away. What worries me about yours is they say you lose $1000 if you don’t finance with Chrysler. Right now, if I were to take Chryslers rate over my own, it would cost $3500 more to finance through them. It definitely seems like they are trying to make an extra $2500 on that financing deal. I would contemplate being difficult and see what route they decide to take.

Kingland

Reaction score
I think we are going to set up an appointment to pick up the truck sometime Memorial Day weekend. But knowing we need to inspect the crap out of it. We haven't even seen a picture yet of this truck. So who knows what kinda scratches or damage this truck has from sitting in the desert for 6 months.

I'm also going ask them to review my pricing for this truck as 2024s will start production in a month or 2. This truck really is outdated now. I'm sure they are not going to like that. This has now turned into normal transaction for me. With the May incentives any discounts they can add we will see if its worth it.
I'm prepared to lose my deposit at this point not to get stuck with a lemon. But maybe they will meet us half way and refunded at least half. I'm sure they have made plenty of interest on my deposit after 15 months now.

I've walked out of plenty of car dealerships with Salesman running after me or calling me 10 minutes after I have left because I didn't like the deal. And all of a sudden they got me a better deal.
But Craig treated us right on our jeep so I hoping we can work something out that is good for both of us. But a lot of this is out of his control and will really come down the higher ups at Koons.

I'll let everyone know what happens.

Redram22

Reaction score
there are rebates on the 22 diesels currently for the Mid Atlantic customers

2022 Ram Engine Bonus Cash 39CNH: -$2,000

Mid-Atlantic BC Diesel Retail Bonus Cash MACN2Z: -$2,000

Koons does have a 2022 listed for sale showing some of these rebates.

Hopefully they will pass you the rebate if you are using the affiliate pricing (tread lightly)

Kingland

Reaction score
Well I asked Koons if we could revise the pricing sense we have waited so long and if I could get any of the new incentives. They said no, 6% was the deal. But they also offered to refund my deposit in full. We decided to do that and walk away.

Just received the check yesterday.
After 464 days of waiting, we just decided not to take the chance.
Whats another 2 to 3 months wait now. All of our plans have changed anyways.

So our 2023 ordered though Mark Dodge on May 8th just made the cut off for the 2023s. I believe somewhere around May 11 or 12th the factory cut off orders for 2023 3500s.

So now we wait again.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Well I asked Koons if we could revise the pricing sense we have waited so long and if I could get any of the new incentives. They said no, 6% was the deal.

I don't understand this part from Koon's perspective. "Giving" you the rebates doesn't cost them anything other than the opportunity cost of making $$$ by keeping the rebates for themselves.

Honestly never heard of a dealership not allowing the rebates to be a part of the deal. More than likely I could see them adding the rebates in to the deal and upping the sales price to net out the 6% price.

unreal.

gprguy

Reaction score
Koon's logic is provided that it's not a crazy config or some weird color, they are better off by canceling the order (which was moved ahead of stock orders at the factory by reason that it was a custom order for a particular person) and they'll still get the truck which they can put on the lot for MSRP or better for someone who needs a truck right now.

pr3dict

Reaction score
I loved your writeup. I had a similar experience with them being super disorganized and just overall not very forthcoming with the finance process. My biggest issue with them was the finance team. I flew there with a 5 hour drive home and I ended up sending about 4-5 hours at the dealership waiting on a finance person to be available. Eventually it was like 9:00pm and I finally had a finance person see me and "start the paperwork process" Even though before that some other finance person told me they were getting it started.

Anyway this is the part that ticks me off the most. Im doing the whole, sign on the electronic table thing and we get to extended warranty stuff and I tell the guy I'm dealing with that I'm not interested. He says sure no problem and that he'll be right back. About 3-4 minutes later a lady walks in and says, "bla blah bla said you weren't interested in the extended ----" I cut her off and told her matter of factly that I'm sorry but I don't want the warranty, I'm extremely tired from being there for almost 5 hours at this point and I still have a 4-5 hour drive home. OH and I haven't eaten dinner yet. I was appologizetic as I told her I know its her job and I'm in sales also so I get it but I really don't have patience for it right now.

She got all defensive and was like I'm just trying to help you (taking it personally are we?).

Anyway - I still was like ok at that point until the guy comes back in the room and he sits down and I'm like genuinely interested on if that's their strategy when people don't want the warranty. I ask him, "How often does that work? like I'm in sales, I'm curious if the whole walk out of the room try someone else trick works and how often." It was like someone looked behind the curtain at a magic show. He got all flustered and was like , "Oh that wasn't planned, we never do that. I just had to complete some paperwork from a previous customer real quick and she asked how I was doing and I mentioned that you didnt want the warranty"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So.... You're telling me.... I've been here for almost 5 hours. You know I'm exhausted and wan't to leave, and you decided this was the time to go do a customer that's NOT EVEN THERE's paperwork? Either he was lying or he's a complete ***Hole and they have zero respect for the customers time. Either way it left me with a terrible taste in my mouth and I would not recommend them to anyone if they are expecting customer service. If you don't care about customer service, and you know what you're getting yourself into then Koons is a rock solid high volume mill that will give you great prices.

However, that's just about every car dealership. They all are terrible and the model is outdated hopefully in the future consumers won't have to deal with them at all.

relbus

Reaction score
I loved your writeup. I had a similar experience with them being super disorganized and just overall not very forthcoming with the finance process. My biggest issue with them was the finance team. I flew there with a 5 hour drive home and I ended up sending about 4-5 hours at the dealership waiting on a finance person to be available. Eventually it was like 9:00pm and I finally had a finance person see me and "start the paperwork process" Even though before that some other finance person told me they were getting it started.

Anyway this is the part that ticks me off the most. Im doing the whole, sign on the electronic table thing and we get to extended warranty stuff and I tell the guy I'm dealing with that I'm not interested. He says sure no problem and that he'll be right back. About 3-4 minutes later a lady walks in and says, "bla blah bla said you weren't interested in the extended ----" I cut her off and told her matter of factly that I'm sorry but I don't want the warranty, I'm extremely tired from being there for almost 5 hours at this point and I still have a 4-5 hour drive home. OH and I haven't eaten dinner yet. I was appologizetic as I told her I know its her job and I'm in sales also so I get it but I really don't have patience for it right now.

She got all defensive and was like I'm just trying to help you (taking it personally are we?).

Anyway - I still was like ok at that point until the guy comes back in the room and he sits down and I'm like genuinely interested on if that's their strategy when people don't want the warranty. I ask him, "How often does that work? like I'm in sales, I'm curious if the whole walk out of the room try someone else trick works and how often." It was like someone looked behind the curtain at a magic show. He got all flustered and was like , "Oh that wasn't planned, we never do that. I just had to complete some paperwork from a previous customer real quick and she asked how I was doing and I mentioned that you didnt want the warranty"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ So.... You're telling me.... I've been here for almost 5 hours. You know I'm exhausted and wan't to leave, and you decided this was the time to go do a customer that's NOT EVEN THERE's paperwork? Either he was lying or he's a complete ***Hole and they have zero respect for the customers time. Either way it left me with a terrible taste in my mouth and I would not recommend them to anyone if they are expecting customer service. If you don't care about customer service, and you know what you're getting yourself into then Koons is a rock solid high volume mill that will give you great prices.

However, that's just about every car dealership. They all are terrible and the model is outdated hopefully in the future consumers won't have to deal with them at all.

This sounds VERY similar to my experience. The Extended warranty part was infuriating. They played the exact same game. I had told them I have a 11 hour drive home, and that did not seem to get them to move any faster.
The icing on the cake was as the sales guy is walking me out towards where my truck is, I see a Koons employee leaning on my new truck. I ask my sales guy if that is in fact a Koons sales person? He replies it is. OH Nice, sure lean your ass up against my new truck and get comfy!

Sometimes getting the most savings costs you frustration, and I would rather have paid a bit more for a better buying experience.
This is my 5th factory order in 5 years between wranglers and Rams. Koon's were by far the biggest clowns to deal with.

OH!!! And one more thing that is the most frustrating... You must schedule and appointment to take delivery. That's fine, but they are very unaccommodating with appointments. Truck came in and I began trying to schedule immediately, and you'd think they'd work with a guy who is coming from 700 miles away. Nope...earliest we got is 1pm. Oh wait here is a 12noon. What about we just do delivery? They sent me an email with excessive delay times all on their end to send and process the paperwork and then verify funds. WHY??? My Jeep was delivered and was completely painless and a fantastic experience.

44Dan44

Reaction score
An update.
Received my Maryland plates and the $1,000 deposit back. So at least they were competent enough to process a transaction with a neighboring state. The check and the plates took just as long as humanly possible.

I'm still owed $105.13. Why it couldn't be included with the $1,000 check is a mystery.
Still waiting on that dealer survey ;) I'll hold my breath.

m3rd

Reaction score
An update.
Received my Maryland plates and the $1,000 deposit back. So at least they were competent enough to process a transaction with a neighboring state. The check and the plates took just as long as humanly possible.

I'm still owed $105.13. Why it couldn't be included with the $1,000 check is a mystery.
Still waiting on that dealer survey ;) I'll hold my breath.
44Dan44,

A question for you: I should be picking up at Koons within 2-3 weeks. On my contract is a charge for license/registration. I understand that it is an estimate, and that if it cost less they would refund the difference. What happened in your case?

Thanks

44Dan44

Reaction score
44Dan44,

A question for you: I should be picking up at Koons within 2-3 weeks. On my contract is a charge for license/registration. I understand that it is an estimate, and that if it cost less they would refund the difference. What happened in your case?

Thanks
No change in license/registration prices (on the Koons docs pre-order vs pickup day). In my case, with Maryland, there is no interaction required with the MVA other than me having to do a Maryland state inspection at my local dealership which is sent electronically to MVA so there is no time at which I would see a price difference on an MVA document saying what they actually charged for license/registration. Tax is documented seperately and sent to MVA.
On the e-docs you'll see/sign on pickup day, Koons combines DMV/Fees into one price, the processing fee and the license/registration combined, which matched pre-order numbers.
It's a great question but they are trying to gouge you 12 other ways on pickup day so I missed digging deep on that one. Wouldn't be shocked if they are pocketing more than required. No refund.

m3rd

Reaction score
No change in license/registration prices (on the Koons docs pre-order vs pickup day). In my case, with Maryland, there is no interaction required with the MVA other than me having to do a Maryland state inspection at my local dealership which is sent electronically to MVA so there is no time at which I would see a price difference on an MVA document saying what they actually charged for license/registration. Tax is documented seperately and sent to MVA.
On the e-docs you'll see/sign on pickup day, Koons combines DMV/Fees into one price, the processing fee and the license/registration combined, which matched pre-order numbers.
It's a great question but they are trying to gouge you 12 other ways on pickup day so I missed digging deep on that one. Wouldn't be shocked if they are pocketing more than required. No refund.
OK, thanks. I am going to visit my states DMV office and see if I can get a record of what they charged Koons after the fact. I think it's illegal to over charge the customer on DMV fees, at least it is in NJ.

bhal212

Reaction score
OK, thanks. I am going to visit my states DMV office and see if I can get a record of what they charged Koons after the fact. I think it's illegal to over charge the customer on DMV fees, at least it is in NJ.
I received a check today for a $0.74 overcharge on my Virginia taxes from Koons

m3rd

Reaction score
I received a check today for a $0.74 overcharge on my Virginia taxes from Koons
Thanks for the information. I guess they should know the cost for VA registration pretty well, so they were close. I'm in NJ. On new cars NJ typically requires a 4 year registration. So registration costs for new vehicles are fairly high. In my case around $500. Also depends on what weight you want to register the truck for.

tchur1

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I guess they should know the cost for VA registration pretty well, so they were close. I'm in NJ. On new cars NJ typically requires a 4 year registration. So registration costs for new vehicles are fairly high. In my case around $500. Also depends on what weight you want to register the truck for.
Unrelated to Koons but $500 for 4 years of registration, what a steal. My 3500 is over $1k for just 1 year in CA.

m3rd

Reaction score
Unrelated to Koons but $500 for 4 years of registration, what a steal. My 3500 is over $1k for just 1 year in CA.
Yikes!! We are sending a car to my son who is in college in CA. I guess we'll leave it registered in NJ.

Users who are viewing this thread