Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Truck Equipment Listing Details

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I have found some VINs for 2023 model year trucks. And it turns out it is possible to view their equipment listings already. To me, there are some interesting pieces of information. I've attached one example equipment listing here.

Keep in mind, these are development trucks. I would guess some equipment availability may vary when it comes time for 2023 orders to open.

I've noticed the following line items on some of the equipment listings which I find interesting:
Mirror Pwr Heat Fold Tele Mem Chrome
Power Telescoping Mirrors
These seem like pretty clear confirmation of a major change to the side mirrors. It would be nice if they're a simple replacement for the 2019-2022 mirrors!

Rear Seat Reminder Alert
I haven't seen this prior to 2023. I wonder what it means. Maybe just passanger occupancy alerting? Maybe if their seat belts are bulked? Must be something else. That would get annoying with cargo.

RR View Auto Dim Mirror Digital 3.0
Auxiliary Wireless Camera
I wonder if this is a wireless towing camera (would be very convenient! Or something else? There sure have been a lot of iterations of aux camera connectivity.

Forward and Reverse Utility Lights
I wonder if this is additional lighting mounted on the mirrors. 2022 trucks had only rear-facing lights.

Trailer Reverse Steering Control
I wonder if this will be similar to the Ford trailer reverse feature.

Attachments

• 3C6UR4SJ0PG500001.pdf
    12 KB · Views: 160

resoverlord

Reaction score
I haven't seen this prior to 2023. I wonder what it means. Maybe just passanger occupancy alerting? Maybe if their seat belts are bulked? Must be something else. That would get annoying with cargo.

This would be my guess:

arx237

Reaction score
Yeah. For me the stupider of them idiots tend to be job security sad to say.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I saw the rear seat reminder in a maverick I was going to buy. took me a few minutes to peruse the manual. it is a reminder for idiots.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
My wife’s Hyundai Palisade has the rear occupant alarm. Basically, it’s a heat sensor. Be it human or animal, it will alert you if you leave vehicle and somethings still back there. I’m under the mind that you would have to be legally insane to forget a child in car, but like posted earlier, it happens!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icky

Reaction score
The auxiliary wireless camera sounds interesting, hopefully it can used on 22s as that what I have ordered. Hopefully it's a wireless trailer camera as I'm not looking forward to trying to run a cord through 40' of trailer and make it look clean.

Jsboening

Reaction score
The auxiliary wireless camera sounds interesting, hopefully it can used on 22s as that what I have ordered. Hopefully it's a wireless trailer camera as I'm not looking forward to trying to run a cord through 40' of trailer and make it look clean.
Just do it Clark Griswald style.

Bill4

Reaction score
  • * Cluster 12" TFT Color Display
This should be an new dash, no? That could be cool.

• * Firestone Brand Tires
Major disappointment. How much more would Michelins cost them?

I'm sitting here ready to order my 3500 SRW HO CC Limited.... Keep the info coming, this forum is amazing. Thanks to everyone,

Bill

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Trailer Technology Group sounds interesting! The 1500 has had the Trailer Reverse steering for a couple years now. Hate I missed it by 1 year…..

gator6

Reaction score
I have found some VINs for 2023 model year trucks. And it turns out it is possible to view their equipment listings already. To me, there are some interesting pieces of information. I've attached one example equipment listing here.

Keep in mind, these are development trucks. I would guess some equipment availability may vary when it comes time for 2023 orders to open.

I've noticed the following line items on some of the equipment listings which I find interesting:

These seem like pretty clear confirmation of a major change to the side mirrors. It would be nice if they're a simple replacement for the 2019-2022 mirrors!

I wonder if this is a wireless towing camera (would be very convenient! Or something else? There sure have been a lot of iterations of aux camera connectivity.

I wonder if this is additional lighting mounted on the mirrors. 2022 trucks had only rear-facing lights.

I wonder if this will be similar to the Ford trailer reverse feature.

That’s a lot to digest!

The telescoping mirrors would be amazing mod for 4.5 gens, but if it’s like the GMs it would have a button on the driver door controls.

Rear seat reminder could be for child seats. I think Waze used to alert its users when they stopped their cars to check the back seat.

The trailer reverse feature could be the same that the 1500s have now. That weird steering knob thingy.

I like the idea of wireless cameras. Ford does this, and dealing with the two trailer camera setups I received with the ‘22. It would be a welcome upgrade.

superjoe83

Reaction score
I bet they will be using a cluster similar to the grand wagoneer, the new prototype mirrors have been spotted in the wild, I wonder how they will reconfigure the switch to accommodate the power telescoping feature, and how hard would it be to Retrofit to an older truck?

Attachments

• 2022-jeep-grand-wagoneer-series-iii-22-jw.jpg
    2022-jeep-grand-wagoneer-series-iii-22-jw.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 2023-Ram-HD-12-scaled.jpg
    2023-Ram-HD-12-scaled.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 201

Ickabod

Reaction score
What they need to make is a mirror that can change from concave (Objects in mirror are closer than they appear) to convex (zoomed in for trailering) with a switch of a button.

DougB

Reaction score
Excellent find!!

Looking forward to the changes and seeing what’s retrofittable to 2022s.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The new mirrors and digital dash have been covered in this thread and linked Article form the HDRAMS front page.

Even without the 5th gen cab, I think it would be dumb to release that display without offering a HUD option with it.

Users who are viewing this thread