Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Rebel Test Drive video

mountainears

Reaction score
Ben Hardy has a video posted of a pre-production 2023. He goes through things fast as usual, but he does cover the new mirrors, digital dash and shows the turn signal enabled side video view. In case folks want to get a better view of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainears

Reaction score
I’m glad I have the mirrors I have but wouldn’t mind having that turn signal feature.

jebruns

Reaction score
I’m glad I have the mirrors I have but wouldn’t mind having that turn signal feature.

Agreed. I had electric extending mirrors on a GMC 3/4 ton. Worked good for a couple of years, then started getting weird, especially in cool weather. One would go out, not the other. Same coming in. Would have to get someone to help pull or push the mirror if it was on the passenger side. Hopefully this system will not be as problematic, but I would not check that box personally.

MtnRider

Reaction score
$92,000 .... Holy smokes!

Find it interesting they put the 5th wheel system in the truck with such a low payload rating but didn't include aux switches in what they market as a "off-road" truck. Also big miss on the small tires and 20" wheels .. (for a "off-road" truck).

jsalbre

Reaction score
Interesting video. He's also got one of it offloading that he just posted today. Watching that does make me a little sad that when I ordered mine they didn't give the option of the digital rear view, but all the pre-production trucks have it. Guess I'll be adding that myself.

If anyone is interested in looking, I worked out the VIN for that truck and found the build sheet: https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?rid=ram&vin=3C6UR5EL7PG500113

Pretty much everything there is as expected, though it does list the truck as having a 9680# GVWR, which we know has been changed to 10k# for production.

Users who are viewing this thread