Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Scherm

Reaction score
Finally did today…at least the back ones before I succumbed to the heat! They say Laramie Longhorn (last years) as opposed to this years Limited Longhorn - oh well LOL
They look great! Just ordered mine. I see a lot of soft tonneaus on trucks, but I'm thinking I need something else to protect the 5th wheel hitch. On my way home. Getting 16 MPG on average. The DRW drives a lot smoother than my 2003 2500. Maybe it's the air suspension. It's also quit a bit quieter inside the cab.

Reaction score
Excellent point - had not considered it may have been driven from the rail yard - which is about 65-70 miles from the dealer. Probably what happened, although you would have thought the sales dude would have known that...
Yea that or if the dealer has a delivery holding lot in another place. Many have storage lots that were used prior to Covid that are now being used again due to lots of inventory.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
They look great! Just ordered mine. I see a lot of soft tonneaus on trucks, but I'm thinking I need something else to protect the 5th wheel hitch. On my way home. Getting 16 MPG on average. The DRW drives a lot smoother than my 2003 2500. Maybe it's the air suspension. It's also quit a bit quieter inside the cab.
Same here, rides so much better than my 2006 2500. I run the rears at 45psi and fronts at 70psi when I am not towing…that seems to help a lot as well. Dealership had me at 80-90psi and it was the first thing I did when I got home

Fair warning…the rear mudflaps are 10 lbs apiece and they are a extremely hard to get on! I let some expletives go trying to get them on. Do yourself a favor and watch the YouTube video on the installation - it helps a lot. And plan on 2-4 hours to get the rears on. Luckily the front ones are so much easier!

Safe travels home!

bhal212

Reaction score
I purchased a used Mopar soft tonneau for the same reason, and I absolutely hate it because when it is folded up it blocks the chmsl camera from showing the jaws of the fifth wheel. I'm still using it and dealing, but I will replace it with a retractable one as soon as I can.

Mudhorn6.4

Reaction score
Just found out today that my truck is at Lordstown Ohio and waiting for a transport. Its less than 2 hrs from me and the said they have no idea when it will make the last leg of the trip could be next day could be another month. I am trying so hard to hold it together with excitement and yet absolute frustration. May be the last time i ever do a custom order again. This has been an absolute roller-coaster of emotion. I am gonna need prozac and therapy after i take delievery. lmao

pacnw1963

Reaction score

I purchased a used Mopar soft tonneau for the same reason, and I absolutely hate it because when it is folded up it blocks the chmsl camera from showing the jaws of the fifth wheel. I'm still using it and dealing, but I will replace it with a retractable one as soon as I can.

I have a 90 gallon auxiliary tank with toolbox and even though I have a long bed, I lose 30" of the bed. When I am not on the road pulling my 5er, I just leave it hooked to my 5er and let it hang from the kingpin while it is in storage. That way I don't have to pull it out by hand and let the 5er do all the work. Plus my tank has a pump on top so a cover wouldn't work anyway.

bhal212

Reaction score
I have a 90 gallon auxiliary tank with toolbox and even though I have a long bed, I lose 30" of the bed. When I am not on the road pulling my 5er, I just leave it hooked to my 5er and let it hang from the kingpin while it is in storage. That way I don't have to pull it out by hand and let the 5er do all the work. Plus my tank has a pump on top so a cover wouldn't work anyway.
That is brilliant, I will still need a cover for other reasons, but my back and garage floor thank you for the idea of storing the hitch on the King pin

Scherm

Reaction score
I have a 90 gallon auxiliary tank with toolbox and even though I have a long bed, I lose 30" of the bed. When I am not on the road pulling my 5er, I just leave it hooked to my 5er and let it hang from the kingpin while it is in storage. That way I don't have to pull it out by hand and let the 5er do all the work. Plus my tank has a pump on top so a cover wouldn't work anywa
Absolutely great timing. Now I can steer towards the retractable one. I was considering the tri-fold. I have the 50 gal tank. Another 90 would take me to quite a few places without a refill. I'm going to see what kind of mileage I get towing my 5'ver and then decide. I put in some long days when I was younger, but am now thinking I might cut it back. Then, the fuel stops can either be after I set up camp or close to it.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Just got the email I arrived at the dealership! Thanks for all the help. Now I have to have my dad pick it up because I’m out of the country but at least it arrived! Hang in there guys. It’ll be three months before I get to see mine so at least they are being delivered.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
@Scherm The 90 gallon tank takes me to 140 gallon, which is around a 900-1,000 mile range. At my age and almost retired, I generally try to keep my days between 300-350 miles (what's the hurry, right?), which gives me a 3 day range. I enjoy the flexibility of shopping around for diesel on my apps and filling up when I find places where the prices are lower, or on days when I am lazy and just don't feel like stopping. After I set up in the afternoon, I'll top off the main tank from the auxiliary while enjoying my first scotch of the evening...!

Tech

Reaction score
Learned today that my truck (as of 7-12) is still at Midlothian Auto Park in Texas for an informal hold - in-transit repair. I had reached out to my dealer and they gave me this info not quite sure what this means if it’s related to hail damage or possibly damage from shipping out of Mexico but either way I thought I’d share this in here. Hoping it’s just minor repairs needed and hopefully it will be shipping my way soon but we will see.

FWIW- the truck shipped May 10th according to the tracker and I got updated that on May 24th it arrived at Midlothian and now as of July 12th it still might possibly be waiting on repairs.

Informal Hold - In-Transit Repair​
07/12/23 12:29:00 PM​
MIDLOTHIAN AUTO PARK​
ETA TBD​

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Learned today that my truck (as of 7-12) is still at Midlothian Auto Park in Texas for an informal hold - in-transit repair. I had reached out to my dealer and they gave me this info not quite sure what this means if it’s related to hail damage or possibly damage from shipping out of Mexico but either way I thought I’d share this in here. Hoping it’s just minor repairs needed and hopefully it will be shipping my way soon but we will see.

FWIW- the truck shipped May 10th according to the tracker and I got updated that on May 24th it arrived at Midlothian and now as of July 12th it still might possibly be waiting on repairs.

MIDLOTHIAN AUTO PARK​
ETA TBD​
Probably rail damage.

548cidakota

Reaction score

MIDLOTHIAN AUTO PARK​
ETA TBD​
My front driver fender flare had a gouge in it from shipping. MD is replacing the fender flare before I head down Saturday to pick it up.

Shane

Reaction score

MIDLOTHIAN AUTO PARK​
ETA TBD​
Mine shipped 5/13 and I’m guessing has the same issue since I haven’t gotten an update on it in a long time.

Alligator John

Reaction score
That sucks that you guys are still waiting. I don't think I ever posted how mine went down. My wife and I were on a drive from our bank to a local dealer to pick up a new jeep cherokee I bought her and were discussing my power wagon order. I had been told not to expect it this month. I already had the ok from Mark Dodge to cancel the order and apply my deposit for a 2024. I had a quote from them I could live with too, but knew it would be a long wait. I was just getting close to the point I felt like my 23 would be a year model older before I ever got it if I had to wait for it much longer. We did not trade in my wife's Ram truck on the jeep because we decided that day I would drive her truck while I wait on a 2024 PW order. On that drive I texted my MD saleswoman Ashley and asked her to go ahead and cancel the 23 order and enter a new order for the 24. Not one minute after I hit send, another person from MD texted me with "your truck is here and ready". I quickly texted Ashley back to hold off on that 24 order. The wife and I decided to be done with it all and accept the 2023 order. If that text that my PW was in had been a day later, I would be waiting on a 2024 Power Wagon order right now instead of driving my 2023.

BigRig

Reaction score
Mine shipped 5/13 and I’m guessing has the same issue since I haven’t gotten an update on it in a long time.
Shipping has been a nightmare. Mine shipped on the 3rd of July and the date keeps getting further and further away with every update. Now it’s expected to arrive in August 3rd, definitely not holding my breath.
Fortunately the dealership gave me a 2022 3500 at no cost so I can go on my vacation.

Smalltown

Reaction score
I picked up my truck from Mark Dodge yesterday. All went well. There is a Tint place, VEX Tinting, I contacted them and gave them my salesperson's name and number. They coordinated everything and had it tinted 20% on the front sides and A1 (brow). The owner, Corey, was really helpful and the tint installer did a flawless job. It was all done before I landed in Louisiana. Kudos to VEX and Mark Dodge for being so helpful!

548cidakota

Reaction score
I picked up my truck from Mark Dodge yesterday. All went well. There is a Tint place, VEX Tinting, I contacted them and gave them my salesperson's name and number. They coordinated everything and had it tinted 20% on the front sides and A1 (brow). The owner, Corey, was really helpful and the tint installer did a flawless job. It was all done before I landed in Louisiana. Kudos to VEX and Mark Dodge for being so helpful!
Thats awesome. Did they go to the dealer to do it or take the truck to them? Can I ask what they charged? Trying to compare to what I pay in Georgia. I pick mine up from MD Saturday and it would be great to have the the windows tinted for the trip back home.

Shane

Big M

Reaction score
My estimated delivery date just went from August 3rd, to July 27th, then immediately to TBD.

Users who are viewing this thread