Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Alligator John

Reaction score
It was ordered on 1/27 and once it hit d1 it had a est delivery of may10 but once it went kz it changed to the famous “tbd” but it went kzm pretty quick, April 11 I believe then we know what happened shortly after, informal hold hail damage, stayed that way until about a week after I re ordered then it got shipped to dealer I had Anthony send me pics of it cause I had to see it and yeah it looked good , I think it was pretty close to yours on spread sheet and hopefully they quit messing around I can’t understand the shipping show they are running , should be like anything else with the least bit of structure should be first in first out but it seems more like a good ol 1st grade duck duck goose!
We both ordered from MD dealing with Anthony on the same day.

Alligator John

Reaction score
My order was 1/20; built 2/8; estimated delivery 4/11. After 4/11 passed, it went to 6/19. Shipped on 5/20. Estimated delivery just changed again to 7/3. Ridiculous. It will lose one year of value before it’s even delivered.
I just hope it will have been worth it when it's all said and done. And that our dashes are not cracked from sitting in that hot Chihuahuan Desert sun all this time.

Edlee

Reaction score
I just hope it will have been worth it when it's all said and done. And that our dashes are not cracked from sitting in that hot Chihuahuan Desert sun all this time.
Yeah that would be my luck but hopefully they get with it doesn’t seem to bother them that some dealers are still sitting on quite a few leftover 22s that have been finally discounted to a reasonable price and still not selling as well as 23s , looks like it would make sense to take a sure thing and deliver it so that there is a profit and a happy customer happy dealership, but wait , that could make sense , can’t go that route

Husker1972

Reaction score
It has been almost 3 months since I received notification that my truck had been built and has presumably been sitting waiting for transportation (KZ) ever since. Of course, this blog has had quite a few posts about the hailstorm, but no feedback from Ram on anything related to the truck. Several calls to the dealership yields the same, "it just takes a long time" song. So, last Thursday I decided I needed to talk to Ram's "customer care" about getting status on the truck. I called their 800 number and spoke to a very pleasant lady who told me that she couldn't help me, but after making it clear that I wasn't going away until I received and acceptable answer, she handed me off to another Stellantis unit who informed me that they didn't know why I was referred to them, but connected me to yet another call center that started down the same path. Again, I insisted on speaking with someone who could get me an answer which resulted (after about 20 minutes) in her telling me that a "ticket had been opened" to get the status of the truck and "someone will get back to you within two business days." That was Thursday and since I hadn't heard from anyone (why am I not surprised?) I called again this morning to check on the status. And, the status is . . . no status. Apparently the "ticket" that had been opened last week was in the wrong queue and had been placed on hold (probably indefinite, just like my truck). So today, yet another ticket has been opened - this time in supposedly the correct department - and I was assured that it has priority and someone will be in touch with me by tomorrow. As I see the seeming randomness of shipping that is apparent from the spreadsheet, and the fact that there has been absolutely no follow up with me from either Stellantis or the dealership I'm convinced that Stellantis really doesn't care (actually this borders on being contemptuous) about its customers. I'll post again when I hear something. I'll refrain from adding another rant to this posting as I'm preaching to the choir with this group. More to follow . . .

gprguy

Reaction score
I've been holding off on saying anything until things are final, but for what it's worth - I gave up too. Found a late 2022 truck that was built only 2 months before mine. Missing an option or two but nothing I can't add back, and on the plus side it has all of the cameras that were unavailable on the 23 chassis cabs.

This will be Ram number 8 or 9 for me. Might be my last.

Husker1972

Reaction score
I've been holding off on saying anything until things are final, but for what it's worth - I gave up too. Found a late 2022 truck that was built only 2 months before mine. Missing an option or two but nothing I can't add back, and on the plus side it has all of the cameras that were unavailable on the 23 chassis cabs.

This will be Ram number 8 or 9 for me. Might be my last.
I've been very happy with my current Ram 1500, hence my ordering a new truck from Ram. I believe their product is better, but I'm against a hard deadline -- taking off on a 6 week adventure this fall and want a new truck to pull the travel trailer. I suppose I can walk away from the order and look for a similar build on a lot somewhere, but part of me says that if Ram has treated me so poorly why should I reward them with buying one of their trucks. Hopefully someone will stick my completed truck on a train and get it here soon. But even if I get it I will likely never buy a Stellantis product again unless there's a massive change in their approach to customer service.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Mine shipped on 5/12 and has been sitting at a rail yard since 5/20 waiting for a truck to take it to my dealer. The estimated delivery date is TBD and has been since April. The dealer sees no date for a transport truck either. So now it just sits somewhere for weeks and weeks instead of being delivered. This whole process is a **** show, at best.

FWIW,
I recall a couple of folks last year were able to track down the rail yard trucking company contact info, last mile,
call them with their VIN,
and the actually get them to bumped it in priority.
mileage may vary, but from my recollection the transport folks were pretty chill about it.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I've been very happy with my current Ram 1500, hence my ordering a new truck from Ram. I believe their product is better, but I'm against a hard deadline -- taking off on a 6 week adventure this fall and want a new truck to pull the travel trailer. I suppose I can walk away from the order and look for a similar build on a lot somewhere, but part of me says that if Ram has treated me so poorly why should I reward them with buying one of their trucks. Hopefully someone will stick my completed truck on a train and get it here soon. But even if I get it I will likely never buy a Stellantis product again unless there's a massive change in their approach to customer service.
Are you vin 972?

gprguy

Reaction score
I hear you on rewarding them after this **** show. If there was an alternative for me I'd take it, but the only two comparable products on the market for me are Ram and Ford. Chevy chassis cabs have that weird van cab and that won't work for me. Fords are pretty much unobtainable, and although I don't know the latest on the subject I also don't want a CP4 grenade pump.

I tell myself that the product is still great even if the customer service is ineffective (to be very polite), but I also worry about the Aisin K-1 issue on this vintage of trucks. I sure hope I don't find myself stranded on the side of the road in a year or so. :confused:

Husker1972

Reaction score
I hear you on rewarding them after this **** show. If there was an alternative for me I'd take it, but the only two comparable products on the market for me are Ram and Ford. Chevy chassis cabs have that weird van cab and that won't work for me. Fords are pretty much unobtainable, and although I don't know the latest on the subject I also don't want a CP4 grenade pump.

I tell myself that the product is still great even if the customer service is ineffective (to be very polite), but I also worry about the Aisin K-1 issue on this vintage of trucks. I sure hope I don't find myself stranded on the side of the road in a year or so. :confused:
Good luck with that. After this fiasco I’ve come to the conclusion that the auto companies (Stellantis is certainly not alone in this), allocate huge $$$ into marketing - get the sale, then let the chips fall where they will. To their credit, the products keep getting better (with some notable exceptions), but the lack of customer service after the sale (or order) is just mind boggling. I wish you luck on your orders and hope the Alsin issue gets sorted out. Those sorts of issues make you wonder why the engineers can’t seem to work solutions to identified problems. Costs money - suppose that’s the real answer.

wprosser

Reaction score
What were the so-called Holds? Or did they not know either.
I assumed it was related to the hailstorm for inspections/repairs but the dealer did not say. As for the hailstorm, I reached out to the dealer a while back and he said that he had heard the same rumor, but had no direct confirmation. I did find the following on line though ...
Skip forward to the 2:00 minute mark for video of the hailstorm in Satillo, Mexico on April 6th. It mentions that the hail was large enough to damage vehicles.

Husker1972

Reaction score
I assumed it was related to the hailstorm for inspections/repairs but the dealer did not say. As for the hailstorm, I reached out to the dealer a while back and he said that he had heard the same rumor, but had no direct confirmation. I did find the following on line though ...
Skip forward to the 2:00 minute mark for video of the hailstorm in Satillo, Mexico on April 6th. It mentions that the hail was large enough to damage vehicles.
Hmmmmm. Doesn’t give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Smalltown

Reaction score
Don't worry about the value. These things hold it. The 2022 Limited I ordered was stolen. I had it for a year and a half and got 2k more than I paid for it. I paid MSRP because I hadn't heard of Mark Dodge yet lol. Now just waiting on this 2023!

Smalltown

Reaction score
When will 2024 orders open up? Based on the backlog people talk about, I think they might delay to clear out more 2023s before they have to deeply discount them
If they start building 2024s, the order will become a 2024 model. I ordered a 21, and it showed up as a 2022 because of delays.

pacnw1963

Reaction score

For me it is the Cummins. I have driven a Cummins since 1992, and will continue. The wait is hell, for sure, especially watching ones built months after mine being delivered while I am still lost in the Mexican abyss. But there is no other diesel I would ever own…FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread