Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Scherm

Reaction score
Wow after reading all these i dont feel alone anymore.lol. Mine was built 3-31 and still cant get any info from dealer or ram.Contemplating just finding something on the lot and calling it a day. I agree tho. Transparency is key. I know there are thousands of vehicles but how can u not locate $80k+ vehicle. I am starting to see why there are abandoned orders on some of these lots.
I've cast an eye on the inventory out there too. But, those trucks all come up short of the options I ordered and I'd have to settle. A few posts back was a gentleman who's order arrived and he was trading in his Big Horn bought during the lull. If you buy, will you be able to stop tracking and be 100% satisfied, or do you want the truck you ordered.

Mudhorn6.4

Reaction score
I
I've cast an eye on the inventory out there too. But, those trucks all come up short of the options I ordered and I'd have to settle. A few posts back was a gentleman who's order arrived and he was trading in his Big Horn bought during the lull. If you buy, will you be able to stop tracking and be 100% satisfied, or do you want the truck you orderedl
Mine is estimated to be June 4th arrival but we all know how that goes. They said possibly 4 months after build to really expect it. Just getting too much mixed communications. Would love to get what i ordered no doubt. I wish i was a more patient person.

DPeglow

Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood the Union Pacific recordings when I called. Truck is offloaded at Port Allen, LA. Received an email today from MD (Logistics Dept.), about the next steps and it will take 1-21 days for the truck to arrive. I have heard zero from my salesman the entire time except when the tow-mode camera debacle came up in Dec. Outside of that, I've had to ask for updates along the way.

Hoping since the truck is 2 months later than expected and I can no longer go pick it up, due to being out of the country for work. They'll work with me on shipping.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Not a milestone I ever wanted to hit, but today I have been JB for 100 days. What in the wild world of sports??? I watch trucks ORDERED over a month after I was BUILT taking delivery, and yet I continue to sit lost in the black hole of Mexico. And I complained last year I was JB for 59 days, and I’m about to double that…:mad:

Scherm

Reaction score
I'm at 82.
Not a milestone I ever wanted to hit, but today I have been JB for 100 days. What in the wild world of sports??? I watch trucks ORDERED over a month after I was BUILT taking delivery, and yet I continue to sit lost in the black hole of Mexico. And I complained last year I was JB for 59 days, and I’m about to double that…:mad:
We want both a dollar and interest rate incentive from Chrysler Corp on our late trucks. By the time we get our trucks, the 2024 orders might be starting.

Reaction score
It appears that trucks are starting to ship again with some regularity after a slow April with the hail issue.

My truck was on a hail hold for 28 days and that was finally lifted on 5/10 and my truck shipped on 5/12. It will be waiting for a truck for final dealer delivery next week. I hope it shows up looking good and clean so that I can take delivery.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I'm at 82.

We want both a dollar and interest rate incentive from Chrysler Corp on our late trucks. By the time we get our trucks, the 2024 orders might be starting.
I never thought this years order would take longer than last years, but that’s what I get for thinking

relbus

Reaction score
The Chevy 2500HD I ordered is the exact opposite of the Ram experience. Order was on constraint and not picked up until waaaaay after the Ram. Truck was confirmed built one week ago today, and is arriving at the dealer today.

Reaction score
The Chevy 2500HD I ordered is the exact opposite of the Ram experience. Order was on constraint and not picked up until waaaaay after the Ram. Truck was confirmed built one week ago today, and is arriving at the dealer today.

Yup, GM is managing orders through specific dealer allocations. You can go to your dealer and place an order, but if the dealer doesn't have an allocation from GM that matches your model/trim/options then your order will sit as pending until they are issued an allocation. Ram is accepting all orders and then scheduling/building when they have sufficient parts to meet your build. I received my vette much earlier than expected last year because my dealer received an allocation that required the z51 package and the two guys ahead of me on the wait list did not want the z51.

OldGuy87

Reaction score
I’m not far behind you, I hit 93 days today. It really irritates me the complete lack of communication of what is going on with my truck. In this age of technology someone in the system knows the real story, I’d like to hear it. At least airline pilots lie to me about why the delays…at this point I think I’d settle for that. I’ve lost complete confidence in Ram.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I’m not far behind you, I hit 93 days today. It really irritates me the complete lack of communication of what is going on with my truck. In this age of technology someone in the system knows the real story, I’d like to hear it. At least airline pilots lie to me about why the delays…at this point I think I’d settle for that. I’ve lost complete confidence in Ram.
It is light years better that the RamChat we had last year, and I know that dealers do the best that they can with the information they have (it is my second year with Mark Dodge, and I will buy from them forever). But I never understood the rhyme or reason last year, and I continue to be amazed with the rhyme and reason this year…translation: no one knows! There are a lot of driving forces, all echelons above my pay grade. I know last year when my truck finally arrived, all I could do was be amazed and tell anyone who would listen that the wait was worth it. It is what I continue to tell myself now…but there are some days that I have to continue to remind myself…today would be one of them

OldGuy87

Reaction score
It is light years better that the RamChat we had last year, and I know that dealers do the best that they can with the information they have (it is my second year with Mark Dodge, and I will buy from them forever). But I never understood the rhyme or reason last year, and I continue to be amazed with the rhyme and reason this year…translation: no one knows! There are a lot of driving forces, all echelons above my pay grade. I know last year when my truck finally arrived, all I could do was be amazed and tell anyone who would listen that the wait was worth it. It is what I continue to tell myself now…but there are some days that I have to continue to remind myself…today would be one of them
Well, this is my first Ram truck. I’ve had several other Dodge vehicles. So far I must say that I am underwhelmed with the whole process with RAM. It’s sad that the world has come to this standard of service. I could deal with the delays easier if i thought there was someone making an effort to get real info as to what was happening I know there are a lot of folks in the same mess. I just hope the truck lives up to at least half the hype.. then maybe I will get over this crappy process.

Husker1972

Reaction score
This is a sentiment that all of us seem to have. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of effort on the part of Ram management to keep customers informed of the status of their orders. The general attitude seems to be, “we’ll build you a truck and deliver it when we get around to it.” In reality, I know it’s not that simple, and building a vehicle is a very complicated process, but I’m amazed at how many completed trucks are sitting at the plant in Mexico with seemingly no information as to why they’re not being shipped or any indication of when that will happen. Mine has been sitting in KZ status for over two months now without any further info from Ram or the dealer. Of course, there’s the Ram tracker that tells me the estimated delivery date is still 24 May, so maybe I should assume that they’ll load the truck on an airplane to fly it up here to meet the schedule . More likely, the software is just set to periodically scan the tracker info and change the date to TBD as it approaches. Oh well, it’ll get here when it gets here.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Well, this is my first Ram truck. I’ve had several other Dodge vehicles. So far I must say that I am underwhelmed with the whole process with RAM. It’s sad that the world has come to this standard of service. I could deal with the delays easier if i thought there was someone making an effort to get real info as to what was happening I know there are a lot of folks in the same mess. I just hope the truck lives up to at least half the hype.. then maybe I will get over this crappy process.
It is not really any better with the other manufacturers...some things are better, some things are worse. I have been driving Dodge Ram Cummins since 1992, and I will until I leave it for my son. T'is what it is...

pacnw1963

Reaction score
This is a sentiment that all of us seem to have. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of effort on the part of Ram management to keep customers informed of the status of their orders. The general attitude seems to be, “we’ll build you a truck and deliver it when we get around to it.” In reality, I know it’s not that simple, and building a vehicle is a very complicated process, but I’m amazed at how many completed trucks are sitting at the plant in Mexico with seemingly no information as to why they’re not being shipped or any indication of when that will happen. Mine has been sitting in KZ status for over two months now without any further info from Ram or the dealer. Of course, there’s the Ram tracker that tells me the estimated delivery date is still 24 May, so maybe I should assume that they’ll load the truck on an airplane to fly it up here to meet the schedule . More likely, the software is just set to periodically scan the tracker info and change the date to TBD as it approaches. Oh well, it’ll get here when it gets here.
And in the whole scheme of things, I wonder how many "special order" Heavy Duty's there are in the amount being produced. I know my agency has had over 300 Fleet Tahoe's on order since 2021, and they have just started to trickle in. We have units approaching 300,000 miles, but can't get replacements. How many Fleet HD's are on order for companies and construction outfits (nothing special ordered, just run of the mill, all the same order)?

Who knows...not I, Jedi!

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
Mine was built 3/16 and the delivery date was 5/2. On 5/2 it was loaded onto a railcar & the delivery date updated to 5/22. Now, 3 days out (and sitting at the destination railyard for about 2 weeks) I'm expecting the delivery date to change again on the 22nd

Husker1972

Reaction score
Mine was built 3/16 and the delivery date was 5/2. On 5/2 it was loaded onto a railcar & the delivery date updated to 5/22. Now, 3 days out (and sitting at the destination railyard for about 2 weeks) I'm expecting the delivery date to change again on the 22nd
More of what I’m talking about . . . Our trucks were built about the same time and yours has already been shipped. Doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to the shipping process. In actuality, I suspect it has to do with the destination (I’m in the Washington, DC area) but it would be nice to know what’s causing the delay. Won’t get it here any faster, but would make the wait a little bit easier. My recurring point is that it’s just not that difficult to keep customers informed so it seems to be a conscious decision on the part of Stelantis to not make the effort.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I can share some good news I suppose - out of all those trucks that were flagged for "informal hold - hail damage" we only have two left whos' flag remains. At peak there were about 30. Started seeing deliveries of some of those this week and all looks good and proper. So THAT isn't the delay any longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread